Chapter 20

It was mid afternoon when the trio arrived in Oxenfurt. Geralt decided he would go and speak with Tamara while Selene and Iorveth went to restock on some supplies only to have a group of guards block their path. "Non humans ain't welcome here." Iorveth narrowed his eye and Selene only blinked before she grabbed the one closes to the front and moved him sideways. "I advise you to stay out of our way." The glare she gave soon turned into a smile that promised any and all who got in her way nothing but pain.
        "Oi you assaulted an officer of the law." Selene rolled her eyes. "No, I simply moved him out of harms way. After all he was about to fall into-" and just before she could finish the same man she originally moved stepped back and tripped over a basket of supplies and took Selene with him as they fell into the water. "Selene!" Iorvath jumped over the rail and into the water. He didn't care that the guard was already swimming towards the top. What worried him was that Selene hadn't. And he soon saw why.
       A drowner, one that strayed to close to the ports was circling her. So without much thought he swam over and stabbed its head with a dagger before grabbing Selene and they both swam to the surface. "Selene, are you alright?" Selene took a deep breath before glaring up at the guards. "Yes, I'm perfectly fine. But I'm not going back in there." He rubbed her back. "That's fine Selene, let's just at least get out of this water." Selene nodded and the two swam until they reached the shallow part where they finished walking out of the water.
         "Awful people." "They are. This is why I don't really like Dh'oine. Not that I want them to die, You and I both know I changed my ways." "They're still nasty I get it." Iorveth smiled before ruffling her hair. "You always do. Think that idiot of yours is almost done?" Selene shrugged. "I hope so, but we should do the shopping we need while we're on the outskirts." Iorveth nodded and the two soon finished there shopping as they waited for Geralt who found them an hour later. "Why are you two soaked and all the way out here?" "Oh you know Gwynbliedd we decided we wanted to just take a dive into the water."
        Selene rolled her eyes as she started walking. "Doesn't explain anything." "Really Geralt, guard gave us a hard time. Selene moved him, he moved back and knocked them both over the rail into the water and I jumped in after. We decided to wait out here. Now let's go, she's not to happy right now." Geralt looked over at her retreating figure and sighed. "Let's go, you two need to dry off." "Finally a wonderful plan. Since she's not talking I'll ask did you find that child or no?" He was silent for a moment. "No I found her. She won't go back, joined the eternal fire. We should tell the baron."
       And with that the two hurried up to catch up to Selene who was already making her way towards crows perch  once more.