Chapter 28

Iorveth stared at her in shock as her words finally registered in his brain. "You love me?" Selene looked at him and her silver eyes locked onto startled green. "Yeah I do. People might say it's to soon, but I think I've always loved you. You somehow always found me when I took off on my own. You stayed by my side and even when I tried to leave you somehow always showed up. I had started falling out of love with Geralt as I traveled with you. However a part of me still loved him enough to stay by him. But once the fight happened and I learned what i did. It only showed me that I was right."
     Now he was confused. "What do you mean?" "I mean, Cedric had warned me. That something was changing. That day he accused Geralt of sleeping with Yennifer and how both of them looked guilty. I couldn't for the life of me figure out why it hurt so much. Why what he did had caused so much pain. Now I know it was my heartbreaking." Iorveth frowned as he cupped her face. "I'm sorry Sele." She only shook her head. "Don't be. I had always feared deep down that he would once again realize he had feelings for her. I was right too. But it's okay. Because it made me really open my eyes to the fact there was always someone else who was by my side."
      He only smiled at her as she spoke. "You Iorveth. Never once abandoned me. Never once let me travel by myself as I've already stated. You actually became the reason I kept going on many occasions. Even if you couldn't be there you had a unit tailing me." He nodded. "And still you somehow managed to lose them and get heavily injured." Selene shrugged. "Which one?" His eyes widened at this. "Woman do you not remember fighting off 5 endrega's? One cut open your side and knocked you off a cliff just as you delivered the killing blow." Selene blinked as it finally came back to her. 
      "Oh....yeaaah that time." Iorveth blinked. "I swear Selene. I love you, I really do. I need you to stop almost dying on me." Silver eyes widened and Iorveth blinked before he looked away embarrassed. Neither one spoke for a moment until Selene started to giggle. Causing Iorveth to look at her like she lost her mind. "Selene?" Yet her giggles only got worse. "You....you're adorable." She finally managed to get out as she smiled at him happily. "But I love you too. Now shall we get out of this cave? I wanna go take a job or two." Iorveth rolled his eyes before kissing her forehead.
      "Why don't we just go find a quiet place to talk in the Chameleon. I wanna know everything." Selene raised an eyebrow. "Everything?" "Oh yes, especially why your mother decided to abandon you at Kaer Morhen." Selene sighed. "I had hoped you forgot about that." Iorveth crossed his arms and she sighed again. "Very well. Let's go back and I'll tell you my story from the very beginning." And with that the two finally left and headed right for Novigrad where selene would finally tell Iorveth her story.