Chapter 18

"Hello Dumb ass, I've finally caught up to you." Iorvath was trying to not laugh and the baron locked as if he just shit his pants with the way Geralt just dropped to the floor. However golden eyes soon looked with silver and he felt his heart speed up. It was Selene, she was here but how? Selene raised an eyebrow at the unspoken questions in his eyes and shook her head. Now was not the time. "I spent near 2 fucking months looking for you. Each time I got closer you managed to slip away and I missed you. But by all means please continue to lie there on the floor, I'll just give that hug and kiss to Iorvath."
Geralt jumped up and quickly wrapped his arms around the woman, holding her close to him as she wrapped her own arms around him. "I promise I'll explain later." She whispered just low enough for him to hear. Geralt pulled back and smiled before kissing the top of her head then pulled away before he shook hands with Iorvath who only rolled his eyes before he hugged the man as well. "My sister has missed you Gwynbliedd." "I've missed her as well. Believe me. But how did you..."
"I went to Vezima. But first I dealt with Peter." Iorvath couldn't Help but laugh this time. "Oh yes, and dealt with him you did. Poor man's missing a hand now. He's lucky he's alive." They had all forgotten that Philip was listening to them however. Yet Selene knew, she knew he would listen in. "Why is he missing a hand?" "Why Geralt, he stabbed my poor sister. That couldn't go unpunished now could it?"
"He did what?!" "He stabbed me. So I cut off his fucking hand and almost killed him had grandma and Iorvath not stopped me." Geralt looked at Iorvath who nodded. "Well fuck. Then I assume..." "yes, I saw the notes our lovely Yennifer left behind." And the way she said that woman's name made Geralt shudder. She knew what happened. "I feel like I missed a lot." "Believe me you did, I even broke Kiera Metz arm while I was at it. And let me make this clear to you if you so much as fall for her charms, so much as even a glance in the wrong spot and I'll end you."
All three men shuddered at this. Selene was a woman of her word. And it was rare when she didn't keep it. "No worries, she isn't my type. I also said next time I was bringing my wife. But to hear you broke her arm, damn I wish I had seen that." Selene raised an eyebrow. "Oh? You have a type hm?" "Mhm. She comes up to my chin, her eyes are silver, long black hair, dark as the night sky, and I plan on marrying her." Selene smirked at this.
"What a lucky bitch." He laughed. "I'm the lucky one." The two shared a smile before turning to the baron. "Now, I believe Geralt you came here with news?" "I did, I got a lead in Tamara. But she's in oxenfurt." "I'll give you a letter of safe conduct. Just please make sure she's safe." "I'll do my best." "Any lead on Anna?" "No, but I'm looking." The baron sighed as he waved them out Iorvath taking the three letters with him.
Once they were outside and leaving Crows perch did Geralt pick up Selene and kiss her soundly on the lips. "Now start talking, and explain to me how and why you have the mark of the Scoia'tael." "That was my doing, as Kin to the Scoia'tael, Selene was beyond deserving of the mark. It means we will die to protect her." Selene nodded. "He says the truth. As for how I'm here. I heard Vesemir talking so I forced myself to wake up. Once I was strong enough I left. I know Yennifer tried to hit you." He cringed at that.
"I take it you are mad." "Mad is a fucking understatement. I'm positively livid. However the good news is Emphyr pardoned Iorvath and the rest." "How bad did you threaten him?" "Oh ya know, the usual." He laughed. "Yep, that's my girl." She only smiled at him. "But we should get a move on. The faster we get to Oxenfurt the faster we can possibly find Anna." "That's true. But are we really in any rush?" "Hm? Oh no, we can take side jobs Lords know I need the damn coin. And our Main concern is Ciri." Iorvath nodded as the three continued walking. "By my estimate we should reach there in a weeks time."
"That's fine with me. We did get a few contracts while we waited on Slow ass here." "Hey." "Oh hush you know I love you." He chuckled. "Yeah, yeah. But let's go. This place actually stinks." "You're telling me. But come on we took a shrieker job and we spoke to the kid. If I'm right it's not to far from here." And with that the group headed in the direction the contract said and what the kid was able to remember. Geralt could only smile as he glanced over at Selene, she was back, and he wouldn't ever let her go again.