Chapter 17

Chapter 17

    Geralt Gad just returned to Crows Perch, aggravation clear in his expression. The Pellar had him find his lamb, and before that he had to deal with the Baron's men who were harassing the poor guy. After finding the damn lamb he had to lead it back, and while he talked to it, it was still tedious. He had to fight off a bear, and now he had to find out about this other kin. Then there was the cryptic message about meeting someone again. Who the hell did he miss besides Selene? Or was he talking about Ciri? He could only hope it was one of the two.
      As he walked into the town that's when he heard the screaming, and saw the fire coming from the barons estate. With wide eyes he ran past men, women and children, jumping over whatever was in his way. He had to get there before the fire got really out of control. He also needed to find out what caused the fire in the first place. As he continued to run he heard a man yelling for his brother. "He's stuck inside the barn!" Geralt looked over at the barn and saw a ladder before he made up his mind.
      Running over he climbed up the ladder and quickly climbed into the burning barn. "Shit, gotta make this fast." He coughed as inhaled some of the smoke but soon found a way down. Jumping down the last of the ladder he ran over and helped Free the horses. "Quickly! We need to get out of here!" Geralt looked around before he saw the other door. Making his way over as he even was beginning to suffocate. He blasted it open with aard and ran back to help the man.
       Once both of them and all the horses were free did he finally take in a deep breathe of air. "Fuck. How the hell did this happen?!" Thats when he saw the baron, drunk off his ass and laughing. Walking over he punched the man across the face bloodying his nose. "What the fuck!" Geralt however didn't respond. He just grabbed him by the shirt and dragged him over to the water and shoved his entire head into it.  After waiting a few more minutes he pulled him out and glared. "You ready to be fuckin honest? I know you abused them, I know something bad happened. Now if you don't tell me I can't help." 
      The baron sighed before he told him everything. Once done did Geralt cross his arms. "Show me where you buried her. There's a chanse she's a bobkin." "A...what?" "Not important. Just know it's a baby that's cursed because she or he wasn't buried with a name or family." The two talked about what they could do before they decided to turn it into a lumberkin. Which would hopefully work.
      "Make sure everyone is inside and they draw a line of salt across the door way." And with that he went and waited. Once it was dark did both Geralt and the Baron go to where the bobkin was. Once it was calm did the baron pick up the creature and start heading towards the estate once again. Along the way Geralt had to fight several wraiths and calm the creature down. Once that was done and Dea. Which was now her name, was buried under the threshold did Geralt Wait once more.
       After morning came Geralt summoned dea and followed her all the way to a fishermen's hut. He was completely unaware he had passed Selene And Iorvath's resting place.
       Selene And Iorvath had finally made it back to Crows perch where she learned she missed Geralt yet again. "What do you mean I missed him!" And with that the men exchanged a look and tried to grab her and then all of a sudden she knocked the man out, he was roughly 6'2 but that didn't matter, she just knocked him out and dragged him to where the baron was.
      "Hello Philip." Said man paled and turned even paler when he saw the top commander knocked out behind Selene. "What...Selene." Said woman only gave him a cold malicious smile. "Sorry bout this, but he tried to grab me after I got mad over missing Geralt yet again. Now you're gonna tell me, and I mean tell me where the fuck is my HUSBAND!" Philip was shaking at this point. "He....he should be back soon." Selene glared and dropped the man before leaning against the wall. Iorvath was standing guard in front of her.
      Hours later someone was finally walking into the room, Selene's eyes cracked open at the sound of the door opening. The second she saw Ashen white hair did she drop kick the man in the back and crossed her arms as he fell to the floor. "Well hello Gywnbiedd." Golden eyes widened as he heard the voice but then he heard another. "Hello Dumb ass, I've finally caught up to you."