8

I woke up to the sound of knocking, and I groaned before I snuggled further into Liam and pulled my duvet over my head. I could hear my door open, but I stayed under my duvet until it was pulled off me, a whine escaping me.

"There's breakfast," Harry said.

"I'm sleeping." 

He sat down on my bed, and I ignored him until I realised he wasn't gonna leave. I turned around in Liam's arms so I could look at him, Sophie leaning against him with her pacifier in her mouth. I let her wrap a hand around my finger when she reached out for me, making Harry smile.

"I think she likes you."

"She's sweet," I said. "But you can't persuade me with her." 

"We do brunch on Sundays."

"I'm not a part of your family, so I don't have to do brunch."

"It's just breakfast, Louis. No one is asking you to become a Styles." 

I snorted in response and made Sophie let go of my finger so I could roll onto my stomach and bury my face in my pillow. "If taking your last name is optional, then so is brunch." 

I already knew my mom was gonna change her last name to Styles, but I was sticking with Tomlinson. I don't think she expected me not to, yet I knew the question would come up eventually. Even if I'd feel weird about being the only one with a different last name, I'd feel even weirder if I was named Styles. Not because I couldn't adjust to it, but because I had slept with Harry and becoming his stepbrother was strange enough as it was.

"I make really good pancakes."

"Good for you."

"Louis, come on."

"I just moved in, Harry. I'll do brunch next Sunday."

"We're not home next Sunday."

I turned around again, the we making me wonder if I had missed out on certain information. "What?"

"We're going on a weekend trip to celebrate the engagement." 

I sighed in response and took Sophie's pacifier when she gave it to me. A weekend trip wasn't the end of the world, but I still felt like everything was happening too fast. They hadn't set a wedding date yet, but I wouldn't be surprised if it was sooner than we expected.

"Where are we going?"

"I don't know. But we're staying at a hotel, so we're probably going out."

"And how does that work? Do we get a room each or—"

"No," he interrupted, "there are only three rooms, and Gemma is staying with Sophie."

"So you and I...?" I trailed off, avoiding eye contact with him while Sophie crawled closer to me.

"Yeah." 

"Perfect," I sighed, an uneasy feeling settling within me when I thought about it. I wasn't against the idea, but I suppose that was the problem.

 "We can do that, can't we?" he asked. 

"Are you doubting your ability to keep your hands to yourself?"

"More like your ability."

"You surely think highly of yourself."

"You'd do it again, wouldn't you? If we could?"

"We still can," I point out, making him raise his eyebrows before I looked at Sophie instead. "We'd just get in trouble."

"Trouble is fun."