24

"He got her pregnant." 

I was speechless for an uncomfortably long moment, just trying to find the right words, but it didn't make any sense. "I... what?" 

 "He really has been lying to you, hasn't he?"

"Did she...?" I trailed off, but he seemed to understand me. 

I hadn't seen Leah during the time she was supposedly pregnant. After she and Niall broke up, she disappeared into thin air.

"Yeah." 

Not even a second passed before it hit me, my mouth dropping slightly open before I looked up at Harry's window. "Sophie isn't Gemma's, is she?"

"No." 

I stayed quiet, but it made sense when I thought about it. I wouldn't say I had been suspicious, but I had subconsciously been confused every now and then. Sophie wasn't just more attached to Harry, but she also preferred him over everyone else. His comfort was enough to stop her from crying and make her sleep when no one else could calm her down. And not only did she have Harry's eyes, but now that I knew the truth, it was obvious that she was a spitting image of Leah. This was why Niall was so unforgiving. Not only had Harry messed up their friendship by sleeping with Leah, but Sophie was living proof of it. Niall couldn't go see Harry because he'd see Sophie too. And in Sophie, he'd see Leah.

"He's been lying all along," I said. 

Withholding information wasn't necessarily lying. At least I didn't think so until now. If he kept something from me, I wouldn't call it lying because everyone was entitled to their secrets, but this wasn't just an innocent secret and it was lying. He had told me she was Gemma's and not only had Gemma played along but so had his dad. I'd be surprised if my mom wasn't in on it too, and that was even more devastating. To know I was the only one who didn't know.

"I'm sorry," Niall said.

"No, you're not."

"What?"

"I think you find pleasure in doing this." 

On some level Niall hated Harry, so it wasn't surprising he was trying to make him seem like the villain. I wasn't gonna give him the satisfaction of accepting his apology, but he knew I wasn't happy with Harry and perhaps that was all the satisfaction he needed.

"Louis, I—"

"Don't bother." 

I turned around to leave and went inside instead, leaning against the door after I had closed it. I took a moment to breathe before I took off my shoes and hung Harry's jacket up, quietly making my way upstairs and into my room so Harry didn't hear me. I disappeared into my room and closed the door before I took off my clothes and got under my duvet. I kept my lights off and watched Netflix on my laptop instead of my tv, though it only took an hour for Harry to realise I was home. I had wanted to postpone the conversation to tomorrow, but I wasn't in the mood for anything affectionate, and he'd want an explanation for it, and I didn't want to lie to him. So whether or not I wanted to, I had to confront him now.

"When did you come home?"

"An hour ago."

"Why didn't you come in?"

"I didn't wanna see you." 

I couldn't see him in the dark, but I could imagine him frowning. I blinked my tears away when he turned on the light and walked towards my bed. He sat down while I closed my laptop and sat up, pulling my hand away when he reached out for it. 

"He told you, didn't he?"

"Yeah." 

He closed his eyes for a brief moment, clenching his jaw in response to finding out Niall had in fact told me. He seemed to find it an inconvenience that he didn't get to tell me himself. "Figures."