12

Harry and I snuck out once everyone had gone back to their rooms, and the guard at the club looked suspicious when I handed him my ID. My height didn't do me any favours, but he decided to let me in, and Harry kept his hands on my shoulders so we didn't disappear from each other as we made our way to the bar.

"What do you want?" he asked.

"Just a beer." 

He ordered one for both of us, and I looked into the crowd of people, strangers dancing close enough for it to be inappropriate. Hands travelled below the waistband more often than not, and no one seemed to pay much attention to the world around them, my own attention forced away from the dance floor when Harry handed me the beer.

"What are you looking at?" he asked.

"People."

"Anyone interesting?"

"No."

"Good."

"Why?" I chuckled. "Don't you want me to get some?"

"Sure—if I'm the one giving it to you." 

I snorted in response and took a sip of my beer while I continued watching people. The couples lured me in more than anyone else and perhaps it was because of the way their hips moved against each other or the way their tongues were visible while they kissed. It was mesmerising simple because I wanted it myself. Kissing was without a doubt one of my favourite things to do, and I wouldn't mind doing it for hours without anything else happening. It made me turn to look at Harry and despite knowing kissing him wasn't an option, I still let myself glance at his lips. I imagined them against mine, the feeling still somewhat present from when I did kiss him and the knowledge of how he tasted made my head spin.

"Are you gonna kiss me?" he asked.

"No."

"Do you want to?"

"Yes."

"You can always blame it on the alcohol."

"Not when this is my first beer."

"You're a lightweight, aren't you?"

"Doesn't mean I get drunk from one beer." 

He was about to say something when someone tapped me on the shoulder, and whoever it was kept his hand on my shoulder while I turned around to face him. He smiled at me as I took him in, his beauty reminding me of Zayn's as it was intimidating, yet worth admiring. His skin was darker than Zayn's, but his eyes were as blue as mine, if not a few shades lighter.

He introduced himself as Jacob, letting me know he preferred Jake before he told me he had been watching me since I came in with Harry. He was polite enough to ask us if we were dating, but when I told him no, he didn't hesitate with asking me to dance. I looked at Harry, almost as if I was asking him for permission, but his expression was unreadable, and when I realized I didn't actually need his permission, I followed Jake onto the dance floor. I let him place his hands on my hips, looking up at him as he gradually pulled me closer to him, continuing until his body was pressed against mine.

"Can I kiss you?" 

He definitely didn't waste his time on flirting, but I didn't mind, so I nodded and closed my eyes when he put a hand on the back of my neck, feeling his lips against mine just seconds later. He was taller than me, but not as tall as Harry, so I didn't have to go on my tippy-toes like I knew I'd have to with him. Jake was an excellent kisser though and when we pulled apart, he turned me around and let us sway to the music. My eyes fluttered shut when his lips met my neck, soft kisses being trailed along my skin before I opened them again. Harry was watching us from the bar and the smirk on his lips was enough to take me back to the night where he was the one kissing my neck. He didn't seem particularly jealous. Not that I had expected him to be, but he seemed like the type who'd make sure the person he wanted didn't get with anyone else. Perhaps he knew where he had me.