Chapter 14~The Maze

I shiver in excitement as I wait for Minho at the maze doors. I lightly jog around and stretch my stiff body. I see him coming from a distance with Ben, Alby and Newt.

"Hey greenie." Ben smiled.

"Nuh-uh Ben." Minho shook his head. "This ones Audrey."

"Are you sure you want to do this Audrey?" Alby asked.

I nodded.

Newt and Minho exchanged nods before Minho walked toward the maze.

"Good luck Audrey." He said kindly.

"You know you can bloody kiss me right?" I giggle.

"Well...uh...yeah...but." He mumbled.

"What Newt?" I snapped, a little upset with his reaction.

"I'll tell you when you get back, be careful please." He shook his head and stepped back.

Minho, Ben and I ran into what seemed like the never ending disaster. I stayed behind them as I didn't want to run ahead. I also paced myself so I didn't run out of breath.

"Holding up good Audrey?" Ben hollered from in front of me.

"Yeah." I said loud enough for the both to hear me.

I ran behind them until we came across a #6 in bold, painted against a wall.

"What is this place?" I asked curiously.

Minho laughed. "It's the sixth part to the maze."

I look around and try to imagine an escape route from here but it is never ending walls. I follow Minho and Ben around until it begins to darken. The day had lots of running and explanations. I admired the boys and what they believed in.

"That's it." Minho yells. "It's time to go back before the walls close."

"What happens if the walls close?"

"You die." Ben replies plainly.

We started jogging back to the glade.

"So you and Newt?" Minho questions, jogging beside me.

Blush kept up my cheeks. "I mean we-"

"You know each other? None of those slintheads believe you but we do." Minho nods to Ben up ahead.

"I get these dreams Minho." I tell him. "I haven't told anyone because I am terrified I'll be banished or put in the slammer again."

"You can trust me Audrey." He says truly, not a hint of sarcasm in his voice.

"They all lead up to four of the same people: this older lady, this girl and boy I think I grew up with and Newt." I explain.

"Could they be your family?" He questions.

"I don't think so because I had kissed Newt in these dreams." I mumble, slightly embarrassed.

"Does Newt remember?" Minho asks.

"No but he believes me and he says everything feels right with me." I tell him. "If that makes any sense."

"It kind of does, you just have to add it up all together."

I nod. "I'll tell you if I have anymore."

"Hurry your shucking butts up here!" Ben yells. "Something is going on in the glade!"