Chapter 33~The Flea

"Forget that." Newt shakes his head, watching me closely. "That doesn't change anything right now."

"Good that." Minho quickly added. "You are one of us."

I wanted to smile at them, I wanted to kiss Newt and hug Minho but James was in the way.

"Please James, we can let this go." I beg.

"We can't." He shifts his gaze from Newt to me.

"We can." Matt moves closer to James, keeping his arms down indicating he wouldn't hurt James.

"Enough!" James yells and we become silent. "I refuse to let this go on anymore! Give me Audrey before I kill Newt."

Matt had it, he ran straight into James and knocked him and Newt over. Minho, Ben, Alby and I got to our senses while Matt and James fought. Ben helped me up and carried me over his shoulders because I was too weak to walk.

Newt was about to punch James out when Matt's scream pierced the air. Thousands of blades had been thrown into my mind as I watched my friend choke on his blood while he tried to get the knife out of his throat.

James shoved Matt's dead body off of him and stood up.

"What are you waiting for?" I screamed and Newt knocked him to the ground. "Run!"

My heart began to race as we took off in a sprint to the nearest area, the deadheads. We could hear James following close behind us, I watched sternly behind us while Ben kept me on his back.

"What the shuck are we doing here?" Minho roared. "Let's find the other Gladers and banish him!"

"No." I mumble.

"What?" It's Newt's voice.

"I said no. He came for me and nothing will end until I'm dead. WICKED will find another way to kill me, it's all apart of the plan." I say, looking eyes with the boy that I might be in love with.

"Plan?" Alby asks. "I don't understand."

"You aren't meant to." I find the only courage left in me to not tell them about Phase 2.

"Can you explain it to us?" Ben asks.

"I can't, I won't."

Crunches.
The killer smell of fresh blood.
And the feeling of an enemy.

"No more games!" James says as he aims his knife. "This ends now."