Chapter 15~The Pain

Don't be silly. Teresa giggled.

I am not being silly! Thomas pouted.

You act like a married couple, it drives me crazy. I groaned.

You love us Audrey. Teresa came to sit beside me and hugged me. Even though this could be the last time we see each other.

The lady walked into the room and stared at us with glossy eyes. She seemed broken and scared but refused to show it.

"Since the Flare outbreak it had turned many of our dearly loved staff bonkers and we recently lost a lot more then planned." She tells us. "So we sent another boy, a little earlier then planned. Just by a few days so it won't throw off the phase, we supplied lots of weapons for the boys and girls so they won't be harmed and will be protected." She smiled.

Which boy? I panic my words but no one answers.

"So you gave them the weapons we requested?" Thomas asks.

"Exactly." She nodded. "But fret not, the tests will continue."

We all groan.

"Which boy...did you send?" I whisper.

"I believe his name is Newt, the glue." She nodded at us before leaving the room again.

"Oh Audrey." Teresa frowned.

"It's okay." I nod. "I'm okay." I shake my head. "I'll see him again one day." I hold back the tears. "We just won't remember who we are."

Thomas and Teresa hugged me gently.

Teresa wiped away my tears and smiled. "Remember Audrey, WICKED is good."

But that's what they want us to think.

"You are thinking about something that is negative." Teresa spoke.

"Not thinking, just feeling negative." I say semi-truthfully.

"Come on Audrey." Teresa tried to lighten up my mood. "You are always so good with getting into our minds and thinking good thoughts."

Thomas shook his head. "Teresa I think we should give her some space."

"But Tom-"

"I'm okay Thomas." I smile.

~

Every inch of me remembered that painful feeling when I found out Newt was gone as soon as I saw Gally punch at him. Minho took the first run to try and break it up. I scampered beside Ben as we tried to get Newt out of Gally's reach.

His face was bruised and it was already beginning to swell.

"What the shuck?" Minho yelled at Gally. "Never harm another glader! It's apart of the rules!"

Gally stopped immediately. "You tell Alby about this." He turns to me, Ben,
Minho and Newt. "I'll bloody punch the snot out of the one who caused me to harm him." He turned on his heel and walked into the dark night.

"Newt oh my god!" I almost screamed at his appearance.

"Hi love." He groggily said.

I kissed his head and wiped the excess blood off his face with my shirt.

"Ben can you get some water, please." Minho asked our friend.

"I'm going to get Matt, he'll fix you up real quickly." Minho took off behind Ben.

"What happened?" I was about to cry but I bit my tongue.

"It's normal for Gally to be this way, he's still my friend Audrey but he just doesn't like change."

"Some friend." I scoffed.

"Hey now." He smiled at me. "He knocked some sense into me though."

"Well that's bloody wonderful isn't it?" I sound like Newt.

"I feel like something broke inside of me, like something has chipped and I remember not wanting to leave you." He tells me.

"Newt that's amazing." I'm out of words. "Because I remember feeling destroyed when they took me away from you."