Chapter 27~The Scare

We ran out of the maze with James tagging behind us. Immediately he was pushed to the ground by Gally and brought to the slammer.

"Hey watch it!" I yelled at Gally. "That's enough."

Gally didn't even look at me. "Don't EVER go out into the maze unless you are a runner." He took James by the shirt and shoved him to the slammer.

"He's going to be okay right?" I asked. "We aren't going to banish him are we?"

Minho shook his head. "I don't know. The shank has caused enough trouble."

Newt.

I knew I could talk him out if any bad ideas against James. It wasn't fair to do this, he was just curious.

I ran the Glade twice before finding him in the fields.

"Hey beautiful." Newt stopped his work and smiled at me.

I was flattered. "Hey."

"I heard you found him, good thing too." Newt said.

"About that." I mumble. "Are you guys thinking about banishing the shank?"

"I don't think so, why?" Newt questioned. "You seem awfully interested in him, do you know him as well?"

"No."

"Alrighty then."

The air became awkward and I desperately tried to find words to say. "Newt."

"Yeah?"

"I think I-"

Ben ran up to us. "Gally is holding an immediate gathering, it isn't looking to good."

"Shucking hell." Newt put down his tools. "Hold that though Audrey."

We followed Ben into the gathering area and watched as everyone settled down.

"I think we need to banish a few people." Gally yells angrily. "Like your precious second in command Newt or Maze Runners Minho and Ben, let's not forget about James! Most importantly, I want that stupid slinthead Audrey out of here!"

Im suddenly hit with something hard and I'm out.