Chapter 16~The Agreement

As the dawn creeped up in the glade, I tied my only pair of shoes and walked to the showers. I reeked of sweat and blood. Everyone was still in a quiet slumber, some of the runners tiredly waking up. I walked down to the showers and hid behind the door. I stripped my clothing and washed them in the water then quickly laid them out to dry in the sun as I showered.

I lathered myself in the clean smelling soap that Matt and the med-jacks made out of all organic things. I washed my hair four times before cleaning my dirty fingernails.

Then I suddenly felt exposed. I covered myself and slowly opened the door, only to see Ben and Minho.

"What the shuck you perverts!" I screamed.

"Calm yourself Audrey." Minho' snack faced me. "Some slintheads followed you down so we told them to bugger off, we decided to stay back to make sure no one else came to get an exclusive show."

"Oh."

"Yeah princess, so next time don't scream and summon your boyfriend who could beat the living klunk out of us." Ben stifled a laugh.

"Thank you." I laughed as well. "Can you guys do this every time I decide to shower?"

"For sure!" Minho said quickly. "We don't want to only girl here feeling exposed."

I felt like I finally belonged.

"We'd probably do anything for you." Ben said honestly.

"You showed us you aren't some weak jacked up newbie." Minho sounded proud.

I felt blush creep up my cheeks. "You guys!" I giggled. "But I'm going to finish showering even though this water is bloody cold!"

"Good that."