Chapter 21~The Explanation

~Two Years Earlier~

Ava Paige stood with great posture as she spoke to her fellow acquaintances of WICKED. She smiled when she talked but her voice was bitter. Sometimes her voice became thick with pity or lively with ideas.

"Phase 1 is in full operation."

People began to clap.

I sat with Teresa, Thomas, Rachel, Aris and Paul, we said nothing and listened.

"Test subject's one has entered the maze's and have started gaining some sense, all though they will brutally confused for another month. Thomas, Teresa and Audrey have gotten the hang of the telepathic gift and are starting more training immediately. Inside ever subjects chip is a happy memory of Audrey who will later attempt a life in the maze."

"Audrey's job is to live in the maze and create a bond with each and every subject while she lives. The happy memory will make it a little easier for her to create 'friends'. No limits in this phase except the hope of subjects not killing other subjects unless the Flare gets to them which we have highly contained. When Audrey has created a never-ending bond with her peers we will have test subject A37 'The destroyer' brutally kill her in front of the subjects. Audrey is a poison simulating the brains of the subjects, causing feelings of delightfulness and love. WICKED can do just about anything but they can't create a serum to feel hormonal feelings."

"Once they have witnessed the death of the well-loved friend, they will all react differently and that is a part of the tests of the maze's to prepare them for the Scorch Trials."

We all clap at Ava Paige and sit in awe at her genius plan. As the meeting ends, the six of us go back to training immediately.

I was excited.

"They are gonna kill us." Paul said.

"It can't be that bad." I shrug. "Death is just a quick second before entering a beautiful harmonic after life."