Epilogue~The Beginning

A piece was missing...

Something inside Newt had been torn out of him and thrown out.

He desperately needed it.

He was going insane.

He could never put his finger on what it was but he knew it was gone. Stolen, vanished, taken away.

Eventually his poor little heart couldn't take it. He wanted to end his life, he wanted it to be over. He climbed the maze walls, the treacherous maze walls and jumped.

But it didn't work.

~

Swiftly, Thomas watched himself grow into a stronger person as he lived his life in the maze. He had bonded with a sarcastic blonde boy with a limp. This boy named Gally didn't seem to fond of him, in fact it seemed like Gally hated him.

Thomas also felt a piece missing from him. Almost a longing for a female or females for that matter. Though it wasn't in that way. It was different, but he never said anything because it soon left his train of thought as his life grew more intense in the Glade, his new home.

~

"Another shucking greenie?" Newt said to Minho, as they trudged to the Box.

"Maybe more supplies?" Minho suggested, dumbfounded by what the Box held.

"I swear-"Newt shook his head and crowded around the box like everyone else. "I'll go down."

Newt stepped down and couldn't believe his eyes. His breath hitched and he became clueless. He looked back and forth, begging for some sort of explanation.

"What do you see Newt?" Frypan hollered.

He never thought these words would leave his mouth. "It's a girl." But once he said them, he felt like he'd ready said them before.

"Is she dead?" Someone asked.

Her eyes shot opened, blue and scared. "Thomas!" She gasped but then dozed off again.

Newt sent his glare to the greenie that had challenged Gally. Newt admired Thomas but grew slightly curious.

Newt didn't know how this girl knew Thomas or why Thomas didn't know who she was, he was just trying to process that the first girl ever had entered the Glade.