*32* Valentine

Is it true if someone completely loses themselves in a relationship that he has met his true love?

I asked myself that question over and over again for years but i never really answered it. My mind was always a mess when he was away from me. Then that question i ask myself must be true. But does a one sided love count?

I always wondered when i meet my mate would i fall in love with her and forget about him? Or would he leave me for his mate? Hah, but he didn't know i loved him.

Aiden would surely forget about me.......

Back in our pack, when we were still teenagers, back during those early days where i realised i had feelings for him. He was always gentle with me, the me who would always bully him and push him around because back then i was bigger than him.

He would give me his shares of desert when my father would punish me, he would always look after me more than my siblings would. I ........ became infatuated with him.

He was my support through thick and thin, my getaway from the harsh reality. I remembered the day my father, the alpha found out i was into men. He was  beyond furious, ready to kill me. He was a meathead with a very narrow minded way of thinking.

Even if someone were to be mates with the same sex he would think the moon Goddess cursed them. He was very strict.

That day......

Flashback(in 3rd person pov):

"Father! Stop!" A younger fragile  15 year old Valentine was on the ground using his hands as shields to counter the impacts of his father's belt.

He had been found, with another boy from the pack, kissing...... more like experimenting.......

"Do not call me father, you bastard of the devil! You are not my son! I couldn't have given birth to this! A faggot!" He kicked valentine back, used the belt to strangle him.

His mother intervened quickly, she was crying,
"Mate! Calm down you will kill our son! It is just a phase leave him be, he will find his mate later and he will settle down! Leave him!" She yelled and tried to pull him back but she couldn't.

All of this happened in front of his older siblings and the pack members who stood there watching valentine choking in agony.

His siblings watched, hands closed tightly into fists. The sisters watched as their little brother struggled not to die. The oldest Clara couldn't keep watching, she rushed forward fangs out and bit deep down on her father's arm. A tear slipped down her face as the alpha yelped in pain.

The second oldest followed after the oldest and helped her little brother. Their mother stood there shocked, but she made her move too a few seconds later, she placed her hand on the alpha's face, closing his eyes as she pulled him back.

"Son, he will kill you if you stay here! I beg you please, run away. Run!"

Valentine gasped, getting up. He was disoriented, overwhelmed and above all sad. His own father, his doting father now hated him. He ran, ran faster and faster not turning back, Aiden in his heart, Aiden in his mind, Aiden a memory he would not forget.

At the pack border when he turned back, to take a last glance at his pack, he gasped eyes filling with tears. Before him stood Aiden, with a bag.

"A-Aiden......" he looked down ashamed.

"Valentine! You are my best friend i won't judge you! Don't overthink, i'm here to run away with you!" He smiled, the smile that could kill Valentine anytime, melting his insides.