Chapter 44

Ricky goes back to his place later that night, telling me that in the morning he'd pick me up for our shopping trip. I was excited, nervous, and way too anxious about the hours we would spend together. Truthfully, I had no clue what I would buy, having needed EJ's approval before wearing something risky or cute in the past. I did promise myself that I'd be patient with myself though, knowing adjustment doesn't just happen on its own.

"Alright, first place Nins! Take your pick!" Ricky gestures to the road, his hand resting on the center console of his car. We hadn't left the apartment driveway and I was already stressed, unsure of where to go. "Uh, I don't know." I admit shyly and he laughs, his hand coming to rest on my shoulder to rub it gently. "Where do you usually go?" I shrug and think. "To be honest, I usually always start in the Target sale section. It's usually cheap but really high quality and most of the stuff I find there fills up most of the basic categories of my closet." Ricky smiles and starts the car, taking my hand and intertwining our fingers. "Target it is then!" He says brightly and I laugh, grateful for his support and his kind attitude. I was praying that the day continued on like this, easy and stressless.

It didn't though. Of course it didn't.