Chapter 29 - ashton

These past three months have gone by faster than I had thought. After my father's unexpected passing, the crown was given to me. At least, the better crown. For all those times from running away -- It was all for nothing. Why would I run away? Being king is remarkable. Everyone looks above you as I would look down on them, it's not as bad as it sounds.

Michael tried stopping me from telling the whole region that Luke is the real prince, not Calum, and considering Calum looked as though he has been troubled -- I'd say sorry but in this case, I don't think so.

Michael told me everything. He knew the secrets all before. He knew Calum way back then, he and Calum knew who Luke is, he knew that I wasn't joking about me having odd powers. I think Luke is wrong, Michael is not a bad guy. He's my friend and I trust him with every cell in my body and I'd kill just for him.

Ever since then, I've been practicing and learning more about what I could be able to do and it's nothing that anyone can do or even imagine. I can't figure out where I had adapted to these magical powers but it does lead back, way back in the old history books that are sitting away in the back of thousands of bookshelves, collecting dust over the years.

Someone named Agar had something similar to me and he was living at the time where Sauron once ruled along with Mikhail, and Lucas. I remember when he explained to me about past lives and being able to explore more of it through an object called a Soul Gem. I trust Michael but believing him is one thing. Maybe he is telling the truth otherwise how does he know so much, he knows more than me.

Luke was welcomed back to where he was born and was supposed to be raised although he does seem to be a tad bit uncomfortable. I never understood why. He has everything that he could have ever dreamed of.

His parents were happy to see him alive and well, as for Calum, they kicked him out. They didn't find any use to him anymore and so they left him with nothing but to rot where the wing was howling, the sun being down, and the dark alleyways. For his luck, they are always dark.

I didn't pay much attention to what happened to Calum but I only got closer to Luke. He never got to relax, for everything still seemed new to him. It got incredibly annoying every time he would mention Calum and worried about him.

"Don't worry about it, he's fine. I'm sure." I told Luke.

I never told anyone about this dream or vision that I had about Calum. It was hard to tell if it was the future or the past. Apparently, at one point in time, he was a threat. Doesn't seem much of a threat now. He'll end up dying sometime soon but no one needs to know I would say something like that. Not Luke and certainly not Michael. Michael talks to Calum as if he's some sort of god or some sort. That's just nonsense.

"Calum? A god?" I jokingly thought to myself.

Yesterday last night, Michael and I were spending time experimenting with my magical powers and we spent at least a good four hours or so when suddenly Michael stopped to look at me and told me to meet him in this old yet in disguise building by the dark alleyway in four days. I have never been there but it seems like I was there or was that a dream I had?

Either way, I agreed.

"Very well but may I ask?" I asked in a polite manner.

"Go on," Michael said.

"Why?"

Michael turned away from me and bent down to the floor to pick up a sword that had fallen to the ground. He placed it back against the wall. "I know everything. Calum knows everything. Now it's your turn to know everything."

"And what about Luke?"

He laughed. "Luke? He doesn't need to know. I see you have a relationship together but do you realize who he was? What he's done, your father, your aunt, your sister. Do you? Because I don't think you do."

"Wait...How did you know-"

"You'll see. I'll be able to show you everything. Just remember where to meet me." Michael walked out of the shack by the gardens and left me with unanswered questions.

If Michael is trying to say that Luke was behind the murders of those three people I knew...how? Luke was with Calum during the time my father had been killed and he was in a war. He could've been killed by anybody. And lastly, I did not know Luke back at the times when my aunt and my sister had been mysteriously murdered in cold blood.

Better yet to my thousands of unanswered questions -- Calum knows everything? Everything what? His past life? What good use is in his forgotten memory? As far as I know, he doesn't seem like an important person that has nothing to do with Sauron.

.

Everything is falling apart. The civilians are falling apart. The kingdoms are trying to keep everything together but they're falling apart too. There was a mass destruction in Endor as if someone had blown up a hole on one side of the castle even though that's exactly what happened. The sudden changes in people's face changed. They are all scared. What would they be scared of? Is there something to be afriad of? I haven't seen anything that looks scary unless they're hiding but why would they be hiding? That dosen't make you scary.

I keep hearing people saying two very important words. "Missing" and "Prince". I don't know what that means but I think those guys in the grey shining armor are starting to like me. They are always around me instead of mummy. She barely pays attention to me and when she does she asks me the same question over and over. "Are you alright?"

Why does she ask that? Of course, I'm okay. Nothing will be able to hurt me and I won't have to hurt anyone, never.

I was in this very big and large place inside where I live -- where the Kings and Queens mostly spend their day and everyone was going on about their say when this woman came in. She had black curly hair and looked as if she had been crying because her eyes were red and when their red they usually mean they were feeling sad. Half of her face is covered by this dark green hood she had on and I had a glimpse of dirt and scratches from her neck up to her right ear.

Was it red? Blood?

I think she was holding something or someone, I couldn't tell. I was busy being distracted by the thought of leaving a toy back in my bedroom. I looked back once more at the lady and notice she's staring back at me. Her brown colored eyes are the last thing I saw before I left.

"Maybe I'll see her again." I casually thought to myself.

To be continued...