Chap 7A: A Whole Week by Your Side

TaeNy’s Apartment,

Tiffany’s POV

The day was finally here. I’ve never been more excited on a Saturday morning, but this time, it was different. In about two hours, I was going to board a plane with my friends. Our destination?

“YEAH!!! I’m going to Bali!!!” I was screaming and jumping around like a little kid.

Taeyeon who was in the living room, scolded me “YA! Can’t you keep quiet? I can still change my mind if you keep on annoying me!”

I was packing in my room since early this morning because I didn’t know what to bring with me, I have a lot of clothes and I couldn’t bare not to bring some of them. Taeyeon, on the other hand, had done packing the night before. She was so fast at packing; I bet she had vacation clothes for every time she went abroad.

Our plane was at 1.30pm, we could have got one earlier but Sica didn’t want to wake up too early so Yuri booked a later flight. After our little bet last time, resulting in Sica and me winning a free week vacation, Taeyeon forced Yuri to be in charge of the organization. Yuri is fun so I believe it would be a real success!

1 hour before leaving the apartment, I came out of my room with my luggage. At first, Taeyeon didn’t pay any attention to me, until she heard me struggling me with bags.

“What’s that?” she asked me.

“What’s what?”

“What are all these stuffs” she pointed at my bags.

“My luggage” I answered honestly.

“You’re not taking all these” she told me.

“And why?”

“We’re leaving for 1 week, you don’t need 3 suitcases. 1 is enough” she rolled her eyes before looking back at the TV screen.

“But I only took my favorite summer clothes!” I whined.

“I don’t care, it’s one suitcase or you stay at home” she said.

Finally I put as much clothes as possible in the biggest suitcase that I had then showed it to Taeyeon. She wasn’t really happy because she probably knew what I did but she didn’t say anything either. After checking once again that we didn’t forget our passports, we left the apartment. We decided to meet at the airport with Sica and Yuri. I hope Sica woke up on time…

30 minutes later, we arrived at Incheon Airport and waited for Sica and Yuri before checking in. Well we didn’t have a choice since Yuri had all our tickets confirmation. Thankfully, they arrived 10 minutes after us. Sica had her typical morning face while Yuri was smiling so much that I wondered if her mouth was hurting her. And probably because our Ice Princess is lazy, Yuri was not only pulling her own suitcase, but Sica’s as well. Would Taeyeon do that for me? Nah…

“Hey everyone? Ready for vacation?” Yuri asked us, her smile was SOOOO bright!

“YES! YES!” I shouted again.

Sica and Taeyeon were like two dead fishes. If I didn’t know them, I would have blamed it on the morning but we all know the truth.

We then proceeded to check in. Our timing was right perfect as we only had to wait about 20 minutes before boarding the plane. And for the first time in my life, I was seating in first class! Once the plane took off, Sica immediately fell asleep. I knew Jessica could sleep whenever and wherever she wanted but I thought that she might be faking it…because Yuri was being too excited and kept asking her how she felt. Once again, I saw the contrast between Taeyeon and Yuri. Once she sat on her seat, Taeyeon was completely focused on the TV screen in front of her. She would sometimes scold Yuri for being too noisy or complaining that I talked way too much but that was it. I was glad that Yuri was there because between the silent Taeyeon and sleepy Sica, there was no one else to share my happiness and excitement with.