Chapter 16 - A Magical Kiss

A restaurant in Seoul,

Yuri's POV

The waiter led them to our table, we stood up to greet them but my grandma simply walked to Sica and gave her a big hug…then she said…

"You're Jessica? Oh my…you're so beautiful! I'm so happy!! My Yuri has such a gorgeous girlfriend!"

Sica looked at my grandma with her trademark blank expression. "Pardon?"

I knew right away that by the end of the night, I'll be dead…there is no way Sica won't kill me after dinner. Until then, I just need her to play along…

"Yes grandma, that's our Jessica" I quickly said while avoiding Sica's obvious glare.

My grandmother complimented her again then went to her seat. I had a little preview of what might happen to me later on as Sica pinched my forearm really really hard when both of us sat down. All I could do was smile...smile and ignored the pain.

This restaurant was a really nice one and I particularly love it because they serve the food super duper fast. We didn't even have time to feel awkward that the food was already there.

"So Jessica, do you like to cook?" my grandmother asked.

I nearly choked on my rice when I heard the question. Please Sica…just say yes…

"I can't cook" Sica bluntly answered.

I looked at my grandma and she had that surprised expression on…positive or negative? I don't know…

"What are you talking about Sica? You can cook…you can make some awesome tuna salad…and ham! Don't forget the ham…haha" I tried to cover it up.

"I like cooking but I fail…I'm really really bad at cooking" Sica added.

She was looking right at my grandparents, it was probably a short message for "I'm not a housewife, your granddaughter better not marry me…"

My grandma was still showing a surprised expression but it soon broke into a smile. "Well what can I say? Yuri, you better learn how to cook quickly if you want to take care of your girlfriend!" she told me with a more than serious tone.

"Huh?" Sica and I were both loss for words at the same time.

"Of course Yuri! You can't expect your girlfriend to do everything, so you better learn how to cook. You cook and she does the dishes"

"I don't do the dishes" Sica stroke again.

I tried my best to smile like it was nothing but under the table, my feet was itching to just kick her once.

"You don't?"

"Not if I can avoid them" she laughed like it was funny.

And to my surprise, my grandma laughed with her! "Haha I don't do the dishes as well!"

Then they laughed together while I was exchanging an understanding glance with my grandpa. We both nodded at each other. He definitely had a hard time with my grandma…like me with Sica.

"So tell me, what do you like about our Yuri?"

Jessica looked at me while answering. "Ah…I love everything about her" she said with a smile. I knew she was playing along, but I still wondered if she meant it…even a little bit.

"Oh you two are so cute!!! Did you know that Yuri was a crybaby when she was young? She cried all the time…and she was quite spoiled. Now it's the total opposite."