Chap 1+2

Chapter 1 - Behind the Devil's Eyes

SoWon High School,

Tiffany’s POV

It was hitting me hard that it was my last year in this school. As I was standing in front of the school’s gate, I couldn’t believe that my first day as a senior had started. Seeing all the new faces, some with their excited smiles and others with a nervous expression, reminded me of myself. SoWon High School is not an elite school nor it is fancy, but to me, this place is like my second home. The friends that I made here will always remain in my heart, even if we go on our separate ways. So on this bright and sunny day, I wanted to promise to myself, that I’ll enjoy and cherish every single day to its fullest.

“Senior Year! Here I come!” pumping up my fist in the air, I shouted. As I was running toward the school, something caught my attention.

A small group of students were gathering around, forming a huge circle in the middle of the yard. I spotted two of my friends among the crowd. “Hey, Sooyoung, Hyoyeon!” I walked toward them, “What’s going on?”

“Ah! Fany-ah, come here,” my friend Sooyoung grabbed my arm and pulled me in the front, “look!” she pointed.

In the middle of the circle, there were two students standing in front of each other, like before a confrontation. I looked at both of them and only recognized one. This face…so pure and angel-like but unreadable. Why did I feel so cold just looking at her?

“It’s Kim Tae Yeon, she got in trouble again” Hyoyeon whispered.

“What happened again?” I asked, my eyes not moving away from the scene in front of me.

“Apparently, Taeyeon pushed this new guy when he was blocking her way and he had the bad idea of asking her to apologize. Poor boy, if only he knew” she explained, a smirk on her face. I must admit, I love Hyoyeon but sometimes she scares me. She seems to enjoy those fights a little too much in my opinion.

I felt bad for this student, it must have been his first day in a new school and he had the bad luck of meeting Kim Tae Yeon. I could understand that he asked for an apology, but unfortunately, Hyoyeon was right. If only he knew Kim Tae Yeon…an idol to some students here and a nightmare to others. I had some classes with her but we have never talked. I knew little about her life as well, just that she was from a rich family and only talked to her childhood friend Kwon Yuri. I didn’t know why such a cocky and rebellious girl was so popular; maybe it was the bad girl image that was so attractive.

While I was spacing out, Taeyeon was making her move toward the student.

“I’m not afraid of you!” he shouted, but the look on his face betrayed him.

I also wondered how such a small girl could be so scary. The boy didn’t move, maybe he should have run away when he could. Yeah…he really should have run away.

It was fast, I didn’t even blink that he already hit the floor, his hands on his nose. But what I didn’t expect was the following. I thought, we all thought Taeyeon would walk away, like she always does after a little fight but what happened next was really scary. I couldn’t even move when I saw her on top of this guy, punching him again and again…the blood on her hands, the blood on his face…What the hell was wrong with her?

I wanted to help the poor boy but I couldn’t move, everyone was just staring in disbelief as she lashed out her anger on him.

“Ya! Kim Taeyeon! STOP IT!”  A loud and clear voice yelled through the crowd.

The one and only Kwon Yuri. Sometimes, I wonder if she knows how thankful we were that she was there. Only she could stop the little devil.

“What are you doing? Are you crazy?” Yuri grabbed Taeyeon and pulled her up, “Come on, let’s get out of here” she dragged Taeyeon away from the unconscious body lying on the ground.