Chapter 22A - What Have I Done?

TaeNy’s Apartment,

Tiffany’s POV

This morning, I woke up to the sound of Taeng’s voice. I was still under the warm blanket when I heard her singing under the shower. My Taengoo has a very nice voice, when I can’t sleep, she would sing to me. Of course, I have to insist a lot before she gives in.

This week is going to be pretty busy for her. Since her parents went back to New York, Taeng has to go to work again. It should be something important since she told me that this week, she has to go every day. We’re going to school together this morning but after school, she has to go to the office.

While I was sad when she told me about her schedule this week, I found out how to occupy myself. I called Yuri’s mom and asked her if she could teach me how to cook. Taeyeon is going to work very hard this week so I want to surprise her with some nice food. Auntie told me to come after school which I agreed to. I just need to hide it from Taeng.

I also told Yuri about my little secret and she swore to keep quiet about it. After eating breakfast, we left the apartment.

“Aish…I didn’t get enough sleep…” Taeng complained when she started driving.

“We didn’t go to bed late though” I wondered.

“I couldn’t sleep well because someone kept on kicking me” she said.

“Excuse me?? Are you blaming it?”

“Who then? This morning, you were the only one next to me”

“I didn’t kick you…I slept very peacefully” I told her with a smile.

“You did though. You kicked then hugged then kicked…You’ll see tonight, I’ll show you my bruises”

“Show me now!”

“They haven’t appeared yet…give them some time”

“Little kid” I teased her. “I’ll sleep in my room tonight then”

“I’d love to see that”

“Ya Kim Tae Yeon! Do you want to sleep on the couch?” I threatened her.

“Okay okay sorry. I love your kicks anyway so keep them coming” she joked.

I punched her lightly on the arm before pinching her cheek. “Hey! I’m driving!” she complained.

Actually I wanted to give her a kiss…but she was driving so I didn’t want to distract her from the road. I’m sure she wouldn’t complain though.

S1 High School,

Yuri’s POV

I drove Jessica to school today. Both of us kind of acted like nothing is wrong while we both know that things are not the same anymore. The atmosphere is totally different when we meet. I want to be cheerful and happy but I can’t…I can’t even pretend to be happy.

I can’t stop myself from looking depressed…and that affects Sica as well. None of us is happy and we’re not even hiding it.

When we arrived to the school, students kept looking at us and whispering to each other. I knew some people spread rumors about us…

When I walked into the class, Gyuri jumped on me. “Oh Yuri! I heard about the sad news…” she said while hugging me.

I looked at Sica and she completely ignored it. She went to her desk and sat down. Tiffany and Taeyeon were standing near the window and both of them gave me a disappointed look…like I was the one at fault.