Chapter 37 - Like Our First Date

Kim’s Residence,

Tiffany’s POV

I couldn’t believe that I fell asleep with Taeyeon on the couch and didn’t wake up on time for our dinner with her parents. I was super excited to meet them again, especially since we didn’t have the occasion to celebrate the recent events. Unfortunately, my happiness didn’t last long as Taeyeon got a mysterious phone call and had to leave for a while. When she dropped me at her house and told me to go in first, I knew something was wrong. Sure, she promised me it was nothing and she would come back quickly, but I knew better. She had that face, something in her eyes was telling me that it was serious, or at least, it wasn’t something she has expected to happen.

I got off the car and waved as her car drove away. I couldn’t help but be worried. Taeyeon was officially out of the company, so it couldn’t be a business meeting which is probably why she didn’t want to tell me more about it. Defeated at the sudden changed of plan, I tried to put on a smile as I dragged myself inside the house.

“Welcome Miss. Tiffany” the maid opened the door for me with a smile.

I greeted her back, though my smile wasn’t as bright as hers. “Mr. and Mrs. Kim are in the kitchen” she continued. “Do you want me to accompany you?” she asked once the door was closed.

I smiled embarrassingly, remembering the first time I came here and got lost in the huge mansion. “It’s fine, thank you”

“Fine, if you need anything, please tell me” she bowed to me and walked away.

My smile immediately dropped as soon as she was out of my sight. I couldn’t stop thinking about Taeyeon and what she was doing, who she was meeting up with. Maybe I was becoming paranoid, thinking too much when Taeyeon was away from me.

“Ah Miyoung” a familiar voice brought me back. “Why are you standing here all alone?” I turned around and saw Taeyeon’s mom smiling warmly at me.

I didn’t realize I have been standing there for a few minutes already, lost in my thoughts. I quickly bowed to her and tried the hardest to smile normally. “Auntie~” I made a few step toward her before she pulled me in for a long hug.

“I’m happy to see you again Miyoung”

“Me too auntie”

“Oh where is Taeyeon?” she finally asked.

“Oh something came up and she will be late” I answered, a smile still on my face so that her mom wouldn’t worried too.

“Ah that kid, never mind, let’s go to the kitchen Miyoung” she took my hand and led me to the kitchen where her husband was waiting.

Uncle was sitting at the dining table, watching the news on TV.  When he saw me, he immediately stood up and gave me a hug. “Miyoung, it’s nice to see you” he patted my head. “You’re becoming more and more beautiful” he complimented.

I blushed at all the attentions, Taeyeon’s parents are always full of love and praises with me. They are really treating me like a member of the family.

“Where is my daughter?” Uncle asked me, but before I could answer, auntie spoke up.

“She will come soon, let’s wait a little longer” she said and uncle didn’t ask more, he nodded before focusing on me again.

“So how is school? Are you ready for your examinations?”

I laughed a little, embarrassed of this topic since I skipped school a lot this year and had only started to study for my exams a day ago. “I’m doing my best” I answered, hoping he would drop the subject already.