Chap 9: This Secret Life of Hers

S1 High School,

Tiffany’s POV

I saw Taeyeon leaving the apartment very early this morning but she didn’t attend school later on. It wasn’t the first time though; she would sometimes wake up very early and disappear the whole day. I’ve never asked her where she spent her time if not at school. I guess…there are things that I’m not supposed to know.

We were eating lunch at our usual spot with Sica, Yuri, Sooyoung and Hyoyeon. I wanted to ask Yuri if she knew where Taeyeon were but because Hyo and Sooyoung were there; I had to wait until we walk back to class to ask her.

“Yuri-ah! Do you know where Taeyeon is?” I asked her. We were both walking ahead of the others.

“Hmmm…Taeyeon? I know but…” she began.

I looked at her with my puppy eyes. “Please tell me Yuri-ah!!! I won’t tell Taengoo! I promise!!” I begged.

“Hmm…I think it’s better if you ask her Fany-ah…Aish, don’t look at me with those eyes, it’s creepy!” she told me as I tried to convince her with my puppy look.

“Wah you don’t think it’s cute? Even Taeyeon don’t say I look creepy…” I complained. “If it was Sica, you’d love it! Don’t you Yuri?” I teased her.

“Wh..what? What are you talking about?” she tried to deny.

“Listen, what if I tell you a secret about Sica? Would you tell me about Taeyeon?” I stopped walking and looked at her.

I knew she couldn’t refuse my offer. “OKAY! DEAL” she shook my hand. I think her eyes were sparkling of happiness.

“So? Where is Taeyeon?” I immediately asked her.

“I can’t tell you directly, Taeyeon would kill me BUT I can show you something that will make you understand” she smiled.

“Huh what’s the difference?” Yuri and her complicated plan give me headache sometimes.

“There is a difference! Anyway, we’ll go together after school” with that, she ran to catch up with the others.

She forgot to ask me about Jessica…how weird.

After school, Yuri took me to a newspaper stand. “Huh Yuri, what are we doing here?” I asked her confused.

She was looking for some magazine. When she finally found it; she took it. “Do you ever read business magazines?” she asked while giving it to me.

“Do I look like someone who read them?”

“True…Anyway, take a look at it, you might find something very interesting” she told me.

I flipped through the pages; there was nothing interesting, mostly news of last business transactions with pictures of people I’ve never seen in my life. I was about to scold Yuri for tricking me when I saw a familiar face on one of the pages.

“Taeyeon-ah?” I said while looking at the picture.

The title of the article says “The heiress of Kim Corporation, Kim Tae Yeon strikes again”. On the right page, was a picture of Taeyeon wearing a black suit and shaking some businessman’s hand. The picture was probably taken at some press conference. I read the article a little bit and it was talking about how Taeyeon was able to get a partnership with some Japanese Co. for her father’s company. Apparently, it was a huge deal because lots of Korean companies were fighting for it as well. The journalist that wrote this article was probably a fan of Taeyeon because the word “smart” and “genius” were often used.