Chapter 14B - Now I Understand Your Pain...

Next morning, TaeNy’s Apartment,

Taeyeon’s POV

Today I was supposed to skip school and go to work but I called my office and canceled my schedule. Tiffany was still weak and I didn’t want to leave her alone. I also had to call Yuri and told her to reassure Jessica, if not, she would give me the cold look again.

Tiffany woke up around 10am and she was feeling much better. She had enough energy to walk on her own now.

I was sitting in the living room when she walked out. “Oh Taeyeon…what are you doing here? School started already” she said surprised.

“I’m skipping school…I’m lazy today” I only replied. I didn’t want to tell her I stayed at home to keep an eye on her.

“Oh…”

I didn’t know what that “Oh” meant…how I was supposed to understand that, was she disappointed to see me? Sad that she had to stay with me a whole day?

“Are you hungry? I can make breakfast if you want…no actually you have to eat something. I’m gonna cook, just wait”

“Its fine Taeyeon, I can do it myself”

“Why are you so stubborn? You are sick and you can’t cook…so just sit and wait, will you?” I ordered her.

Tiffany sat down at the table and stared at me. I expected this awkwardness between us since what happened yesterday. A part of me wanted to bring up the topic but that would only make us more uncomfortable with each other, and since we’re going to spend the whole day together, I decided not to.

“If you have time, call Jessica and talk to her. I called her earlier today but I think she might want a proof that you’re fine”

“Oh right…I forgot to tell her I was sick…I bet she was worried” Fany stood up and went to take the phone.

“Yeah worried…and pissed off. How can Yuri like someone who is so scary?” I wondered out loud but Fany didn’t hear me.

I cooked her some eggs while she talked to the phone with Sica. Apparently, she was getting scold by her friend. Fany was not standing beside me but I could hear Jessica’s voice through the phone. Scary…poor Yuri, I hope she won’t ever get the girl angry.

“Can you believe it? I was the one sick but I still got scold!” Fany said while putting the phone back to its place.

I laughed a little. “Well she was really worried about you…I guess it’s fair”

“Wow…you, Kim Tae Yeon, is siding with the Ice Princess?” she said amused.

“Whatever…just don’t tell her…”

I put the eggs on a plate and gave them to Tiffany, before sitting in front of her.

“Are you drinking milk?” she asked after seeing my glass of milk. “I don’t remember seeing you drink it before”

“Hmm…it’s a long story” I said without looking at her.

“Hehe are you trying to grow taller?” she laughed.

“Ya! Yul tell me it was still possible…”

She laughed even louder. “Well if Yuri said so…”

“You’re eating the food I cooked so don’t make fun of me”

“I’m not…I’m not” she was trying to hold her laughter…it didn’t work though.