nine

so am i dumb? stupid? or dumb? why do i have such a high expectation on a stranger to buy me a flower? we are just two stranger texting each other out of curiosity, nothing else. but guess what, i am standing in front of the mirror stand fixing my already perfect hair for the fifth time. bet i still expect him to buy me a flower on this valentine's day.

you can call me dumb or whatever for that, but right now i am excitedly looking at his strawberry profile picture. 

Seungri: happy valentine's day

Seungri: bet you still sleeping

Seungri: good morning 

i put my phone back as the bus hit the stop. i slowly push the door handle to my office, and----

there is a bouquet of roses on my table.

it's just a bouquet of roses, no card, no name or even no clue. i don't even know if he's the one who gave me this, but seeing those enough to makes me feel better. 

Seungri: *image attached*

Seungri: happy valentine's day again

Seungri: i like u

i put my phone back, and take the bouquet of roses into my hands and hug it as if i could feel his presence beside me.

"happy valentine's day seungri", someone snaps me off.

"yes", i say, unbothered to look who's talking.

"our boss is quite a humble person, doesn't it?", claira says, making me turn my face to look at her.

"what do you mean?", i says.

"oh...", claira pauses, "he comes to the office this morning and put a flower on everyone table", she says.

"what?", i says, i look at her and asks, "so this is from him?"

"i assume", she says.

i put the flowers back to my table, i don't know why but i feel kind of upset.

"you okay?", claira asks.

"oh..", i pauses, "y-yes", i says.

so it wasn't from him. so i really am putting a high expectation and got myself upset because of it. seungri, you're so dumb.

but then-----

"hey you okay?", someone snaps me off.

i turn to face who's talking, and there's him. the asshole boss who gave me the flowers.

"oh...", i pauses, "n-nothing", i says.

"you drop your card", he says and hands me something.

"what..", i pause, there's a strawberry drawing on that card.

"um..", i inhale, "boss.. is this from you?", i asks.

"what..", he pauses, "i was going to give you flower but you already have one", he says, scratching his head. 

"oh..", i pauses, "WAIT WHAT", i asks.

"d-did you see who sent it to me?", i asks.

"haha n-no w-why?", he says.

"okay nevermind", i says. 

after all, it wasn't from this asshole boss, but him, mr. trulove

i take the card and open it, and read---

"happy valentine's day seungri, i hate to admit this but i have fallen in love with you, psst im madly in love with you since day one, i love you". ah shit, he's making me crazy.

i can't believe that i really am doing this. it's 9 pm and i really went through this mr.trulove old posts. oh, for your information, we text each other using line, and that's where i knew jae wook. line has brought lots of thing to me, jae wook and him. 

i thought i will at least find some clue about his address or even his face, but no, he is so damn secretive. and if FBI is hiring then he could be one of them.

i was scrolling through our chats hoping to get a notification from him but then-----

*accidentally press call button*

"FUCK HOW DO I END THIS CALL", i gasp, hoping that he didn't answer it, not that i didn't like him but it's super embarrassing. 

"SHIT---", i groans, but then-----, "hello....?" says a voice.

"urm.. urm..", i stutters, not knowing what to say, "a cat bite your tongue?", says that voice.

"shut up---", i inhales, "listen this is embarrassing but i accidentally press the call button..", i exhale.

"oh...", he pauses, "but i thought you really want to call me", he says. 

shit, he's right. "i-i-i don't...", i lie, "oh....", he says. damn, i can feel his disappointment.

"no... no i mean i want to call you but it's embarrassing to do so..", i pause, "because you don't even like me...",  i continue.

"who says?", he says.

"what?"

"but you didn't text me back...", i says.

"oh..", he pauses, "sorry im a bad texter", he says.

"so..", i pauses, "do you like me?", i asks, what the actual fuck is wrong with me? fuck it, i am dying wanting to know his answer.

"listen..", he pauses, i can feel my heart beats rapidly, "why do i have to buy you a flower on valentine's day?", he says.

"thank you", i says, if only he knows that i literally am screaming inside.

"do you like it?", he says.

"at first i thought it was my boss who gave me that", i pauses, "but then there is a card attached to it", i says.

"oh..", he says, "y-you don't like getting flowers from him?", he asks.

"no not that", i says, "but i have a high expectation on you..", i says.

"oh..", he says, "happy valentine's day seungri", he says in his softest voice.

"c-can you not hang up?", i says.

"sure want me to sing you a lullaby?", he asks.

"c-can you?", i asks, and with that, he sings me a song.