12. Reciting descriptions

| Edited |

_________________________________________

A few months had passed, since the princesses returned from Hastinapur, after attending the four day Kala Pradarshan.

Madirakshi's nights were sleepless. Her mind was occupied with thoughts of Karna.

One fine morning, Madirakshi and Suchitra sat along with their mother Sulochana talking about the events of Hastinapur.

"Ma, then there entered a warrior, his name was Karna and he openly challenged Arjun!" Suchitra told with interest.

"Challenged Arjun?" Her mother said surprised.

"Yes Ma! And you know what, Karna was no less!" Suchitra continued while Madirakshi with a small smile on her lips, looked down.

"That's impressive," Her mother smiled.

Sulochana noticed Madirakshi was strangely quite.

"Madirakshi why are you so quite, my dear?"

"Nothing Ma." She replied looking up.

"Alright." Her mother smiled.

"By the way, there are few alliances for you, Gaurika."

Madirakshi and Suchitra looked at each other, then at their mother in shock.

Slowly, Madirakshi asked, "alliances?"

"Yes. But, are you not happy, my dear?"

"No Ma but–"

"To be honest, too don't want you to marry any of them." She interrupted. Madirakshi was stunned, while Suchitra burst out into laughter.

"So, whom do you want me to marry?" Madirakshi chuckled.

"Well, I always wanted at least one of my daughter to marry a Pandava." Sulochana said "It would be a delight for me, if Madirakshi marry Arjun."

That was an awkward moment for the sisters.

"I like Arjun the most out of all the five sons of my friend Kunti" Sulochana smiled softly.

"But why only Arjun?" Madirakshi asked.

"Why not, my dear? He's is ace archer, good looking, intelligent and righteous. Not less than any ideal man."

"That's totally true, Ma. But nobody asked didi— whom she wants to marry!" Suchitra intervened.

Sulochana looked at Madirakshi, "You like someone, Madirakshi?"

Madirakshi looked at her sister and then at her mother, "No ma, there is no one. But I just have an image of the man of my dreams." She replied softly, to be honest, she actually lied.

"Tell me then. Am I not your friend too, beside being your mother?" Sulochana chuckled softly.

Madirakshi and Suchitra looked at each other overwhelmed.

"Yes Ma, I'll tell!" Madirakshi laughed.

"We're ready to listen!" Suchitra said mentally smirking.

"I want to marry a man, who has the golden radiance of Sun and Moon like gentleness and along with tall magnificent physic. Lion like valour."

"Forthright, courageous, generous, and someone who is proud of to be himself."

"Such a long description! You want a man with all these qualities?" Sulochana said, a little astonished.

"Why not, Ma?" Suchitra asked.

"Well, where would we find a man like this?" Sulochana shrugged smiling.

"That's just my imagination, ma." Madirakshi said "I don't know, whether I will get a man like this or not." She said with a small smile, she didn't tell straight that she was talking about Karna and wants to marry him.

"I bless you my dear. You will be blessed with the man of your dreams." Her mother smiled.

______________________________________________________________________________

Hello readers!
Chapter 12 is edited and is here!
Please comment and hit the 🌟 button.
Will try to update the next chapter soon.
Stay tuned! 😉