19. Draupadi's choice

| Edited |
_________________________________________

Karna was left with no option, rather accompanying Duryodhan along with Shakuni and Dushasan.

As decided with Karna, Ashwatthama joined him too.

They had entered in the Panchal palace already. While his friend, his friend's uncle and younger brother were busy admiring the beauty of the grand palace— Karna was least interested.

When he was attracted by a divine smell. He wondered from where the enchanting fragrance came from.

"My friend, let's go inside," Duryodhan said.

"You both go inside with Mamashri and Dushasan. I'll be there after a while." Karna looked at Duryodhan and Ashwatthama.

"Shall I accompany you?" Ashwatthama asked.

"Yes, anyone of us?"

"No need, I'll just come."

"Okay, we'll be waiting for you inside." Duryodhan smiled, Karna smiled back nodding.

Karna kept on following the fragrance and end up in the palace garden, where he saw a breathtakingly beautiful, a handsome man. Dark in complexion, eyes playful, charming smile on his lips, dressed in yellow clothes and a beautiful peacock feather in his crown.

The personality standing over in front of him, appeared entirely godly to him. And the attracting smell was coming from the Dark Lord only.

"Pranam Angraj,"

Karna smiled courteously at the salutation, "Pranam,"

"May I know who you are–" he asked, however he had almost guessed who this charming man could be.

"Vasudev Krishna," the Dark Lord smiled.

"Dwarkadhish Shri Krishna!" Karna smiled astonished and found himself fortunate enough.

"Oh yes, Angraj and perhaps you almost recognised me,"

"Who don't know you, Vasudev," he smiled, "But how did you know me?"

"You're no less Angraj! Your valour and generosity have been the talk of Aryavart, ever since you've become the king of Anga. And if one wants to understand the King of Anga, then he must focus on the Karma of Karna. Because Karna's existence is because of his Karmas!" Krishna smiled.

"This is the first time, when someone is appreciating me only on the basis of my merits."

"Even though if you are a Suta by your caste, you're a Kshtriya by of your merits!"

"Wonderful!" Karna said impressed "I never came across such beautiful thoughts."

"Meeting you was indeed a pleasure, Vasudev."

"For me as well, Angraj." Krishna smiled.

Later, Karna went to the arena where the swayamvar was about to begin, and took the seat beside Duryodhan.

Krishna made his entry along with Balram. Duryodhan also stood up and payed his respect to the latter, as he was Duryodhan's teacher. Balram nodded as he and Krishna took their seats beside Drupad. Krishna and Karna smiled at each other with respect.

After a while, Drupad announced Draupadi's arrival.

Draupadi entered there walking gracefully. Her dusky complexion and sharp enamored features shone under the sun gracefully.