21. Bound by fate

|Edited|
_________________________________________

Suryaputra. A son before marriage. Not really a Sutputra.

These words rang in his mind constantly. Karna was trying hard to focus on his work, but that day, the sudden revelation about his birth, his identity was too much for him to accept. He thought, he would be at peace once he got the answers to his lifetime questions.

But instead, the truth troubled his mind even more. Okay, perhaps a half truth since he still didn't know who his mother is. It is a complete mess, he thought at times.

It had been quite a few days since he was back to his kingdom. Responsibilities were on his head, and he just can't focus. There was no one with whom he could share his secret or agony.

"You don't look good nowadays, Maharaj." His head minister, who was working with him, spoke, "What's wrong?" He asked, concerned.

"Oh, I'm fine. Just a headache." Karna replied, his head actually throbbing.

"You must rest," the minister said, "You also have to leave for Hastinapur tomorrow." Karna nodded as his left the study, making his way to his chamber.

The news of Pandavas being alive, and it was actually Arjun who won Draupadi's swayamvar, spread across the Bharatvarsh more rapidly than the news of their fake death. Duryodhan, his brother, and uncle were bewildered.

Duryodhan immediately sent a message to Karna, asking him to come to Hastinapur.

"Don't know what's going to happen next?" Karna thought.

The palace of Himavanti was vibrant with euphoria. Sulochana was utterly happy to know that her friend, Kunti, and her sons, all were absolutely fine.

"Did you keep all the gifts? And what about the other commodities? Arrange and keep them properly?" Sulochana ordered the handmaids. She was excited to meet Kunti after so long.

"Relax, Ma!" Suchitra, who just entered the chamber along with Madirakshi, giggled, looking at her mother's anticipation. Madirakshi smiled, "You sit, Ma. We'll take care of the rest."

"But–"

"I know, you want prepare everything for Kunti Ma, yourself, but trust us, we won't do anything wrong."

Sulochana smiled, "Okay."

Suchitra looked at her sister with a mischievous smile, "By the way, Ma, you're not alone who is excited. Someone is as excited as you!"

Madirakshi glared at her, before giving a sarcastic answer, "Oh yes, Suchitra is very excited, indeed!"

"Didi!"

"What?" Madirakshi given an innocent look.

Hiding her smile, Sulochana said, "You both are going to help me or not?"

"Yes, yes!" The two sisters replied as they quickly vanished from the place, carrying the boxs.

The truth was that they both were equally excited about visiting Hastinapur. Krishna, Balram, Pandavas, along with the Panchal Princess, Karna, and Kunti, all were going to be there.

"Didi," Suchitra called, "Does Kunti Ma, and the Pandava brothers know that whatever happened in the Lakshagrah was an attempt to murder them?"

"Of course, Chitra! That's pretty obvious,"

"Hmm, I understood. Because if they didn't know, they would not have been able to save themselves. Somehow, they definitely got to know about the conspiracy."