15. Swans

| Edited |
_________________________________________

Since night was approaching fast, Karna ordered his soldiers to place the tents at the safer place near the long wood forest of Himavanti.

Later, his commander enlightened him about Mayurvan and its capital, Himavanti. The kingdom of Maharaj Jaydev, which was bounded by the holy rivers, Mahanadi and the Ganga, and by the foothills of the Himalayas in the north, making it a pleasantly chilled region throughout the year.

Due to the flat plains and fertile land, Himavanti had a rich variety of biotic resources. Flora around Himavanti comprises of sal, oak, and alpine forest. Dense evergreen forests of sal and oak lie around the town, where a wide variety of roses, tulips, rare orchids, and many other floras were found.

The whole Mayurvan was indeed a beautiful kingdom.

The King of Anga lay inside his luxurious tent. Flat on his back, his bare chest heaved up and down, as sleep consumed him. He was in deep slumber after a tiring day, unaware of what destiny had stored for him next.

Another beautiful morning, when Suchitra walked inside Madirakshi's chamber.

"Didi, let's go out," Suchitra insisted as she sat on the bed, watching her sister getting ready.

"No, I don't like people giving me special treatment as if I'm a goddess, not some ordinary princess." Madirakshi replied, uninterested.

"Well, you indeed give the vibe of a goddess," she murmured. "But fine, if that's the case, then let's go out in disguise," the younger sister grinned.

"Elaborate,"

"In simple clothes, like simple girls."

"You have a magic box full of ideas. Don't you?!"

"Oh, I don't mind compliments!" Suchitra grinned, flipping her hair.

The sisters roamed around the city market. Bought some accessories— bracelets, earrings, some jewels, etc.

Before moving back to the palace, they thought to visit their favorite place, the long woods forest of Himavanti. Bare feet, they sat on soft green grass, near the stream of Ganga River.

"I like this one too. We could share it, right?" Suchitra said, pointing at a pair earrings.

"Of course! You don't have to ask," Madirakshi smiled, making Suchitra giggled merrily.

When the elder one saw a beautiful swan couple. She elbowed her younger sister to look at the side of the river, where the swans were. Suchitra was about to squeal out of excitement, but soon enough, Madirakshi gestured her to be quiet.

Their white feathers made they look so pure and serene. It was a beautiful scene.

"So beautiful," Madirakshi whispered.

"Indeed," Suchitra agreed. The next moment, she thought to tease her sister, who was busy looking at the swans.

"Didi,"

"Hmm?" Madirakshi replied softly.

"You know what, there is a saying,"