T H I R T Y - F I V E

Ethan's P.O.V

Finally, my world had fallen apart and I don't think nothing could ever fix this mess I put myself in.

As I stood there watching Kayla walk away after finding out I was the father of Lucy's baby, I realized how I was not going to be able to explain myself and justify the events that led to all of this.

The only thing I knew I could do was
tell her the whole truth before anyone else did because if someone else told her before me, her world would come crumbling down because of me.

I didn't want that. I didn't want to tell her but at this point, I had no other choice.

"Kayla's my girlfriend.  I guess was now." I mumbled.

That was the first thing I could tell Lucy the girl who was carrying my child.

"You're lying right?" Lucy said a bit panicked.

"I'm not. " I sighed.

Lucy looked upset and couldn't look me in the eye.

"That means your Ethan right?" She asked while looking down at her feet.

"Yes," I said far too quickly.

Lucy began mumbling words to herself but they weren't loud enough for me to hear.

"She talked about you all the time. She would say how great you were and I bet you never told her about what happened that night at the party did you." Lucy finally spoke up and looked at me pretty aggravated herself.

"No I didn't but I can't talk about that right now okay." I sighed. "I can't talk about it now because I will lose control so please not right now."

I was beating myself up for months and now I truly can't muster up why I did what I did. I can't think straight all of this was too much for me.

It was too much for everyone to handle.

"Okay," Lucy spoke with uncertainty. "I guess this means she isn't coming back." She sighs.

"Nope,"

She really isn't coming back

Kayla's P.O.V

I was going to drive to the coffee shop to see Mason but I was too afraid of breaking down before I got there.

So I headed home and texted Roni to meet me there as quickly as possible.

How could this be happening?

Ethan was expecting a child with Lucy.

Lucy the girl who had asked me to be her godmother. The girl I been helping for months. 

How is that possible?

I was having a really hard time swallowing this bitter pill. Especially now.

"I came as fast as I could." Roni barges into my room.