Part 13

Arizona's POV

It was the day of the trial and Amelia was being unusually calm....that was until she was called to the stand.

"What if i say something wrong and he gets set free!" She said before standing up.

"You'll be fine baby." I said as she walked away slowly letting go of my hand.

"So, Amelia. You were a client of Joe's a long time ago?" The lawyer asked.

"Yes" She said shakily and i could tell she was on the verge of crying.

"And then he gave you too much an told you that if you took it you would be fine. Is that true?" He asked and Amelia just nodded.

"And then you woke up with your boyfriend dead next to you." he said and Amelia had a tear rolling down her cheek as she nodded again.

After a few more questions about Ryan and drugs it was the hard part. Christopher.

"So, you had a son called Christopher." he said and I knew Amelia wouldn't be able to get through this and i was right. She burst out sobbing and she tried to speak but she couldn't so i did something that i never thought i would. I stood up and walked towards the stand, ignoring the people telling me to sit down and grabbed her arms and made her look at me.

"Listen, i know this is hard for you but just think about all the people you are gonna save from this feeling by answering just a few more questions. I know that it hurts but you need to push through and make me and our girls proud." I said as she nodded along.

I gave her a quick kiss on the cheek before walking back to my seat and watching her power through.

_____________________________________________________________________________

After the trial and after putting the twins to bed i was exhausted and i was ready to sleep as i laid in bed waiting for Amy.

"You literally stood up and walked over to the stand in court today. For me." She said getting under the covers and laying her head on my chest.

"I would to a lot of things for you, that was one of the least crazy things i would do." I said stroking her hair and trying not to nod off. 

"I would like to see one of the crazy things you would do to me."  She said climbing on top of me as she kissed my neck.

"I said for you, but i can make this work too." I said rolling over and switching so i was now on top of her as she continued to kiss my neck.

I started to make my way down her stomach when i heard something. It was a cry.

"Oh come on!" I said rolling off her.

"I got this, but don't think that this changes anything that's about to happen. She said kissing my head before getting up.

_____________________________________________________________________________

2 Years Later - Arizona's POV

"Come on the plane is in an hour we have to go!" April shouted from downstairs as i shoved my shoes on.

"Are you sure that you wanna go. You can always let Alex go like he was supposed to." Amelia said sitting next to me.

"I'm only gonna be gone for a few hours. It's a 4 hour flight and 6-7 hour surgery then another 4 hour back." I said kissing her on the cheek before standing up and walking out our bedroom door and into April and Mia's room.

"Mommy's heading out now!" I said picking up Mia and kissing her on the cheek then putting her back down and doing the same to April.

"Bye mommy!" April said slowly trying to speak clearly followed by Mia.