xxxvi - the wary

Haechan grabbed a fistful off Chenle's shirt, smashing him against the brick wall with heavy breaths flailing out of his mouth

Haechan grabbed a fistful off Chenle's shirt, smashing him against the brick wall with heavy breaths flailing out of his mouth. The half-blood was confused why he, yet again, was mad but he was use to it. Chenle was Haechans punching bag, even before Haneul.

"I didn't know your mother was a money hungry hog" He dug the boy into the indentations of the bricks, but at the word 'Mother' Chenle's eyes flashed a peculiar purple

"What did you say?" He shoved Haechan off him, now coming for his throat while Haechan grabbed the collar of his shirt instead

"Your mother is a money hungry hog"

A punch flew in his direction, Haechan's head snapping to the side at the impact, hands dropping off Chenle's shirt. Chenle had never once punched someone, so this fist, was both his first and his last.

Haechan chuckled, his thumb grazing over the blood that rolled down his lips.

"I thought you liked Haneul" He looked Chenle right in the eye, nonchalantly leaning against the wall with the blood creating a never ending stream from his lips.

"How does that got anything to do with my mother" Chenle advanced him again, his fist clenching

"You don't know?" He didn't flinch once when Chenle pulled back his arm

"He gave the knife to my dad" He watched as Chenle lowered his arm, expression replaced with confusion and anxiety "What?". With one push against Chenle's chest to get him off Haechan, the demon spat on the floor next to the half-bloods feet.

"Because of you, Haneul may very well die" He straightened his back "Shes an Angel, but because of your stupid tuition fees, she  exchanged that damned knife for money." A finger was pressed harshly to Chenle's shoulder.

Chenle's family wasn't the best well off, though they had enough money to get food on the table. His biological parents had abandoned him, with reasons still unknown to him. His mother was someone he had met at the orphanage, someone that had taken him in.

The family he lived in now struggled for money, despite Chenle's extra shifts. So naturally, his tuition fees began to become a problem. Perhaps this was the only way to save Chenle's education.

"If she dies, I won't let you live another day either" He growled, blood boiling and eyes the colour ruby mixed with ebony.

"Kill your father then, he's no different than a money hungry hog" Chenle's words stung, but Haechan was numb to those attacks

"Do you know what family is?" He scanned Chenle's face for vulnerability, which he found a lot of.

"He's my dad, my biological dad. Him being my dad means we're confined to our blood, no matter how much hatred there is. I've tried to kill him multiple times, but I can't. I simply cant put a knife to his throat. It's like some people can't face their fears, it's the same feeling" Haechan ran his tongue over his lips, words of sincerity seeping through his cover "Hes family Chenle, and I cant hurt family"