xxiii - no longer the victim

"My legs aren't as long as yours Dong-" And the grand doors were opened, revealing the spacious interior with gold outlining every picture frame and black marble pillars

"My legs aren't as long as yours Dong-" And the grand doors were opened, revealing the spacious interior with gold outlining every picture frame and black marble pillars. A large, throne like chair was placed at each end of the night-like table with a scarlet, velvet fabric draped over it. Each picture had generations of work partners and alliances hooked up, their atramentous wings extending off the image.

It seemed as if Haechan was about to join the row

As soon as her foot touched the dark oak of the floor, she truly felt as if she had entered the demon realm, pits of fire becoming the only light of the room. No elegant chandelier, no pearl white plates and bowls, just the menacing colour of crimson and black.

If she said she wasn't at all scared was a lie; this room looked like they burnt humans to eat them alive

"Donghyuck" Warily stepping behind Haechan, she tugged at his blazer, signalling him to slow down so she could catch up. If she was to ever be trapped in here alone, she may as well let herself be consumed by the darkness then get isolated in this devilish room

Nothing about it screamed 'safe'.

She felt ghostly steps train behind her, like the souls of the deceased arisen from the unseeable graves. It seemed haunted, the fire being the only thing brushing away the shadows.

"Lee Donghyuck" she whispered through clenched teeth as Haechan slowed down his footing, only slightly though. He walked pretty fast.

"You're so annoying" He whispered back, watching as two grown figures stood up, their feathers brushing against the gold rimming of the chairs.

Haechans mother stood up, strutting to Haechan to take his uneven tie in her hands

"Who did this? It doesn't look presentable" Haechans mother tried to untie his tie for him, in which he responded in snatching it out of her hands, and stumbling backwards towards Haneul.

"You should just let you mum-" She whispered, only for a growling voice to rudely cut her off.

"You're here" The male said, supposedly Haechan's dad. The hand that was previously on Haechan's blazer dipped down as Haechan bowed lowly, her staggered actions following right after. The man then proceeded to hold out his hand for Hanuel, the two bowing briefly before moving onto the female. The same processed occurred and they soon found themselves seated in the royal-like chairs gathered around the table.

"Hyun Haneul" She was shocked Haechan's father knew her name. She couldn't bring herself to reply when the male continued "Are you aware of what must occur before your birthday?". Haneul turned to Haechan, Haechan's eyes trembling slightly "Father, we're here to have dinner"

Haneul rose her eyebrow at Haechan, but refused to say anything.

"Well then, shall we feast?" His father's eyes never left Haneul's, something glittering in his eyes. But it wasn't good, it was a sign of knowing. Plates of food were beginning to be brought up, specifically, plates of limbs and organs, ones from humans. Humans were known to be the 'rich food' of the demons, as it takes effort to kill one. Manufactured foods for demons were for the lowly, or in other words, not Haechan.