Chapter 9

L3 - A letter, some love and damn luck.

Chapter 9

Unable to deny dad's request, I ended up landing in Java Café in my peach hoodie and white jeans.

Last night, as soon as I had entered, it was didi who saw me first and dragged me in before dad saw me. She helped me pretend sleep and I don't know how, she had stalled dad for so long.

I wanted to thank her, but didn't see her anywhere. Nowadays, she seems so distant.

The chain of thoughts is broken when a girl comes in front of me, knocking on my table. In stunning blue full sleeves and black jeans, her hair ope  and flowing freely in the air. Her eyes a darker shade of brown and whites as clear as snow. I nearly stare at her for so long that I don't realise it.

“Well, excuse me. Mr. Raval?”, she asked and that is when I stopped gawking at her.

“Yeah, Sadhna?”, I ask pointing at her.

“Yeah, nice to meet you”, she said lending her hands forward.

“Same here”, I replied taking her hand in and letting her sit in front of me.

“Well, dad told a lot of you. My mom urged me to wear your favorite color. Although it wouldn't make much difference”, she laughed a hearty laugh.

“Oh no. I love this color a lot”, I reply not wanting to sound awkward or something. “By the way you look stunning”, I complement. “Well, you look much better than photos”, she shrugged.

And after a few minutes of comfort, she revealed, “Well, listen. I ain't actually sure of this marriage. If I say this to my family, they most probably won't listen. So, I need a favor. I want us to start from the beginning. From being friends. I mean, we can get married later, right?”

Talk about blessing in disguise.

“Sure, I won't mind.”, I answer enthusiastically.

“Well, that was quick”, she gave a lopsided smile.

“Oh no. I need to make amends with my girlfriend after all”, I bite my tongue immediately after I say it. What more of a fool can I make out if myself? I just revealed about my girlfriend to my future wife! That's not at all ideal.

Sadhna, however, raises her brow and grins. “Girlfriend, huh? Okay, now that we are sorts of friends, tell me about this girlfriend of yours”, she said flipping her hair to the side.

“Well, it's not that sort of thing you know... She is just a friend... A girl friend... Haha”, I tried to laugh it off by making something up.

“You don't need to hide it. I am not going to mind it. Besides we are in deciding phase. And I have got some free time. So I would like to hear your love story”, she said twirling her straw in her cold coffeé.

I gulp in consciously. What a mistake did I make! Talk about my girlfriend to my fiancé. Who would have thought that? I don't know what to do, so I begin.

“Well, we were in college together. She was really pretty. Not that she is not pretty now. But, then, even if she was nothing special, she was the only one who could make my heart pace faster. Every time I saw her, my lungs would be out of breath and my heart would jump off in my throat. For all these six years, I have always loved her. Her eyes were probably the best feature she had. She had the power to stop me in my tracks. Even in a crowd, I could point her out, for my eyes never left her”, I said placing my fist over my heart, lowering my head with a small smile.

“Wow. Seems like you are greatly affected by her love”, she comments holding her cup in the air.

It is then that, I burst out of my bubble while I look at her. Heat crawls up my neck as I look at her, leaning on her palm.

“Well, what about you? Did you ever have a boyfriend?”, I asked, not wanting her to have an upper hand.

“Well, no. All my life, my nose was buried in a book. Until I was six, I had some health issues so I had spent six years of my life in a hospital. Then, when I went to school, it got really difficult for me to get along with everyone else because when I was in hospital, the only persons who came to meet me were my parents and some relatives. I never got the chance of making friends, let alone make a boyfriend. Being a topper in the class, only made things worse. I was and I still am quite unapproachable for students. So, don't mind me”, she said.

It shocked me to know that she had been all by herself till date.

“You have a sibling?”, I asked, out of curiosity.

“Yeah, but that douchébag is probably busy in his own life. The better and socialistic one”, she gave out a lopsided smile.

I couldn't help but smile. Does my sister talk about me in this way when she is with her friends? Does she talk about me at all? The thought only is enough to widen my smile.

But again, I am on a date with my so-certain fiancé. Maybe I will dump her or we will run away when we are done.

No, obviously not because I am not a player and I don't want to hurt anyone.

“What about you parents?”, I asked, unable to keep my curiosity to myself.

She winced at my question and answered, “Well, maybe it is too much to answer on our first meet”.

“Well, talking about my love life in the first meet was also too much”, I squared my shoulders as I said it.

“Was it? If it was, you were supposed to say. Now what can I do if you are clearly dumb?”, she asked leaning in to her chair.

Maybe, it is not unapporachability but her figure of speech that has kept most people away from her. She acts way too friendly, for anyone's liking.

“Maybe, you should try being nicer to have some friends”, I suggest.

“Well, as long as I am happy, who needs a friend?”, she said crossing her arms behind her chair. Too unmatched personality.

“I heard you have a sister?”, she asked.

“Yeah. I do”, I answered back.

“Well, is she older than you?”

“Well, yeah”

“Is she going to be mean and witch to me?”, this question shocks me.

“Hell no! She is sweet and caring and...loving? But, she is definitely not bad”, I answer back with out a bit.

“I was joking”, she said flatly. “Well I would like to meet her”

“Who?” I question at her.

“Both. Your sister and your girlfriend”, she smiled at me.

Holy fucking crow shit!

“Sure”, was all I managed to answer.

// Toh kaise hai aap log? Lockdown mai aap ka kaam kaisa chal rha hai? Aapka pata nahi... Mera toh roj roj updates ho rhe hai aaj kal.. 😋😋.. I hope you like it//