Chapter 3

L3 - A letter, some love and damn luck

Chapter 3

I tossed on my bed, from side to side facing the wall. Sleep was miles away from me. I didn't know what to do.

The door of my room creaked a bit and I visualized a tall, lean figure at the doorframe.

I breathed out heavily and licked my nearly dry lips.

"What happened?", I asked.

"I can't sleep", he replied as he walked towards me and sat on the edge of the bed swinging his legs. He had this bad habit since childhood. I was made to stop that habit. Kind of forced.

"Come here", I said making space for him and patted on the space for him to slip in.

"Didi", he whined. "I don't know what to do. Where have I been caught in!",

"It was your choice to find the writer. Are you going to give up?", I asked him, holding him close to me, like my life resided in him. My life resided in him. I could love him all night and during the day I could act like there is nothing that as ever existed between us, so that my demons don't reach to him.

"I know, didi. The thing is that, I know everything... And I am afraid to give up for even once. I know how it might feel to be heartbroken, and I don't want the writer to stay heart broken for something she accepted.", he exhaled the shaft of air that he had been holding all day, within himself.

"She must be a coward, Darsh. The fact that she couldn't come front and accept the fact, makes her a coward. You don't have to bear something that you didn't do", I said still snuggling him into my arms.

"Love makes all of us coward, didi. We don't want to accept but there are times, we tend to give up on our plans because we don't want to give up on the beautiful world we have already settled ourselves in. We give up on love, so that the beautiful person beside us would stay by us eternally. We choose eternity over love, just because we love, we choose eternity", he breathed into my arms, and I already did mention that he was hopelessly poetic. But he was not a hopeless person.

"You are the one to talk", I commented, indifferent referring to his love for Prisha.

"I don't know. I don't know what is more blissful. To love secretly, or being loved the same way. I don't know what is stinging my heart. I don't know anything", he confessed and I didn't say anything, letting him sob in my bosom. He needed time.

The room was filled with nothing but darkness and sobbings.

They say a man should stand strong. Sure enough. A man should stand strong enough. He has stood strong till date, wearing a facade for the world. But for me, he was just the same kid, who crept up to me when something bothered him. To seem interesting, he had to change his facade in front of the world. But, in front of me, he never wore one. He stayed constant. And, I didn't need him to change anyway. But, maybe things will change, with this letter.

Soon enough, his soft snoring shooted through my thoughts and I looked at him to see him innocently asleep.

I kissed the top of his head and he snuggled closer to me.

We weren't the typical siblings. We weren't the typical siblings who fought with each other or joked with each other. He never had it in him to joke with me, for even if he wasn't afraid of me, he respected me as an older sibling. I don't know how time flexed our relationship to this extent. Maybe due to the abnormal situation.
It sometimes bothers me, thinking that, maybe, just maybe, somewhere it is my mistake to have him under my control. But there again, he has his own life and privacy where I haven't ever knocked in. Not when he first kissed. Not when he first had slept with the girl he loved.