Chapter 22

In that rain,
The lightning above us provided the vision.

†.†.†.†.†.†.†

L3- A letter, some love and damn luck

Chapter 22

H A R D I K

I walk behind the dumb girl alloted to me who is also Darshan's fiancé. She keeps singing dumb songs all along the way and it takes all of my will not to scowl.

As she drags me deeper into the forest, I see a shadow flash through the forest.

I hope it's who I think it is.

“Well well... I wonder how far they might have got”, she said in a singsong tone.

I stopped in my track, which made her stop too.

“What happened?”, she asked me.

“You don't realize the consequences of your doings, do you?”, I asked her, sharply.

“What do you mean ?”, she asked leaving my hand and I put it in my pocket, relieved to have pulled out of her grasp.

“Do you know how much it would harness Darshan?”, I ask.

There is a shaking behind one of the bushes and there was the person, I was yearning for.

Diya.

“So, you say or I?”, she asked me.

I simply nodded.

She leans to a nearby tree as confusion flickers in the girl's little shimmering eyes.

“You have been keeping this marriage for haul. It has been a long time. If you don't back off, that other girl and Darshan can't be together, too. Because, reputation is a great word in this society. And when you back off, his dad would search for another girl. Meanwhile, if they bring out their feelings out into the public when the marriage is still at haul, that would make him look like just a player. Being his best friend, I don't want him to allow him to ruin his life. Their relationship is safe under the sugar coat of the topic of your marriage. So, there are two options. Either you get Darshan or back off. ”, I say leaning to the tree, allowing her to take in my words and allowing myself to put my heart beat back into rhythm.

“You see, you three have become a trio. And he can't be with either of you without either of you. If you back away, they both can't be together. If Pri backs away, you both can't be together. And, you are pushing things harder by making efforts to keep them together”, she explains the rest to the girl.

“So, what do you want me to do?”, she asks, her voice small.

“Either you take in the relationship or give up for them. However, the choice is yours. I am not anyone to take the choice for who chooses to be with him, but, I want everything for his betterment. It had been a long time since I saw him actually smiling. Whether it's you or Pri, it seems like, he always has a company to rely on. Maybe, I couldn't be any much of a help, but, whatever decision you take, make sure it's worth his love”, she explained, elaboratively.