Chapter 15

L3 - A letter, some love and damn luck

Where is this all going to end up in?

In a land of nothingness, I guess.

†.†.†.†.†.†

Chapter 15

D A R S H A N

I lay on my bed the whole day. It has been something that I have been doing lately.

Why does it affect me so much?

Sadhna can do whatever she wants. Sure, this thing must hurt a little and take time to sink in. But, it feels like a large part of me has lost itself in an abyss.

The door creaks and I see it open.

Sadhna comes in and closes the door behind her.

I turn around to face the wall again.

“Darshan”, she breathes out.

I don't act anyway.

“I am sorry”, she breathes out again.

“If you weren't forced into wearing that dress, would we have ever known it?”, I ask without looking at her even if I don't want to talk to her.

“I don't know. It depends upon you. I had worn off-shoulders even and no one would notice the scars. It depends upon how closely you take in my figure”, she says and the next moment, I feel the mattress beneath me press down.

“Why did you do it?”, I ask still not looking at her.

I feel her hand wrap around my waist as she places her face in my crook, as she sat beside me.

“Like I said, I had no reason to. I just couldn't handle the toxicity of myself.”, she says and I can feel her warm breaths on my neck.

I get up.

“What did you use?”, I asked again.

I feel the shifting on the mattress and know that she is sitting straight.

“What normal people use. I could commonly find blades, though. They won't cut deep enough. The kitchen knife was just for mom to use and so, I settled with the twenty blades that were around any corner of the house”, she replied.

It ached my heart a bit.

I go up to my table and bring out a pen-knife and throw it at her.

“Try this one sometime”, I mutter.

She looks at me with disappointment.

“Darshan, I said I am sorr—”, she is cut off by me, “In the next one week, everytime you cut on a part, I am going to cut one too. That would be an interesting game, wouldn't it?”, I try to sound as much serious and brave as I can.

“Darshan, Why don't you understand? It was in the past. You can't let my five minutes ago decide my five minutes later”, she said throwing her head back.