Chapter 4

L3 - A letter, some love and damn luck

Chapter 4

To think that, he would change all of a sudden, I think I made a mistake.

He paced to and fro in my room, like a freak.

"If anything, my life has turned into a romcom movie!", he hissed.

"What happened?", I asked for nearly tenth time. Seriously, it was frustrating to see him this desperate.

"Didi, you will come, right?", he asked sitting beside me holding my hand.

"Obviously. I don't trust you, you know that", I said in a matter-of-fact tone.

He gave out a deep sigh and laid on my lap while I ran my hand through his hair. His hair were as soft as a cat's fur. They were long, dark and glowed with every streak of light like they were woven out of serum and cells right away.

"Get freshed. We will be leaving in an hour", I informed him as I kept sweeping his hair to the side.

"Just a minute more", he said grasping my hand and forcefully running them through his hair. I smiled at his antics.

One day, he will stop being the kid he is being right now. He will have someone else to care for. He will have his own people. Then, he will learn how to give out love. Now, he doesn't know how much his smile shines. Then, he will have to know how much more his smile needs to shine.

He will know that his trust can build a world and crumple it, too. All it takes is a word, or even a blink of an eye to make worlds and break walls.

"If you are late, she might run away, you know?", I tease him and he jerks up and rushed into the washroom.

No matter how much he loves me, one day, he will be forced to leave me. Even if not forced, he will have to leave.

He came out in a minute with water dripping down his body. He had a quick shower, I guess. A very quick one.

He smelt of lemon and woods.

I went to his cupboard and threw a blue shirt at him and olive green jeans.

"Didi, this is too old", he whined.

"All the new clothes you have are torn and ragged ones.", I answered, honestly.

"Didi... Those are in fashion", he clicked his tongue and said.

"And you are dumb wit brother. Now hurry up or else I will leave", I threatened and he slipped into the washroom.

After 20 minutes, he came back with his shirt nearly tucked into his jeans and hair gelled to perfection. He now smelt of mint and lemon.

I whistled at him and gave him a lopsided smile.

He blushed at this action and rubbed the back of his neck.

"Lover boy, chale?", I asked him and he nodded in a yes.

I took the car keys from the nightstand as I twirled them on my fingers. I grabbed a black jacket and wore my snickers.

He walked silently behind me as he moved into the car.

I handed him his bluetooth, in case he had forgotten. He took it from me and hid it under his cap. Yep, I had given him a cap to wear.

I spotted Hardik right behind the reserved table of Darshan and Prisha. She wasn't here.

Two reasons for this. One, we were too early. Two, she was more late than us.

And the reason, obviously had to be the second one for never in a lifetime can we be on time...let it be being earlier.