Chapter 14

Where do we find ourselves?
Of course, in the course of life.

L3 - A letter, some love and damn luck

Chapter 14

D I Y A

Ever since he came back from the mall, Darshan hasn't really spoken to any one of us. He is just lying on his bed and refuses to talk to us.

The walls he is building up around him, aren't a good idea for, when they would break, they would fall upon him and would crush him down.

I love him, so I won't let him to get that near to destruction.

I have been there. I know the demons that will come to live when you build up walls.

But, because he won't talk to me, I called my informer.

Yes, I have my informer for him. Because, I don't really trust him.

The ‘Fun nd Fiesta’, doesn't seem to be that great of an idea but I can do anything for him.

Catching up to him in the club, in his white shirt and squared shoulders, I grab a seat beside him.

Night 1.34 AM. A club filled with crazy people around. A man in front of me. He is trustworthy.

“You came here after all”, he said in his regular voice.

“I would do anything for him”, I rolled my eyes at him.

The red and blue lights weren't exactly helping.

“That girl to whom Darshan is arranged with, she is suicidal”, he says with nonchalance in his voice.

“Sadhna is?”, I nearly choked on my mojito and gave a lustrous smile.

“I said she was”, I smile a little wide and he ran a wary hand through his hair.

“How did you know?”, he asked with a frown on his lips.

“Simple. She hurt people without knowing. She laughed way too much at times and didn't smile at times. She never lifted her sleeves even if it was a Mumbai winter.”, I laid out my theory.

“Been there?”, he raised his brows.

“Might have”, I gave a lopsided smile.

“Let's catch some breath”, I said dragging him out of the club.

We walked side by side on the sidewalk.

The cool breeze passed by making my body hair stand on their edge.

It wasn't cold. It was just not ussual.

“You are eerily silent today”, I pointed out.

“I am surprised you caught it”, he shrugged looking ahead.

“What happened?”, I asked not looking his way.

“Why would I say to you?”, he asked.

“Good question but I have no answer to that. If it can just make you feel lighter”, I shrugged. I didn't know actually.

“Well... I give up”, he raised his hand in surrender. “That was a mistake. But some mistakes aren't meant to be forgiven. They can't be forgiven. It was when I was ten, she was eight. She was my friend's sister. One day we were playing hide and seek. I was the 'it'. While searching for my friends, I found an open closet. I was aware of the lizards that would get in at times, so I locked it. And, that was a mistake”, he took in a shaft of sharp breath. “It was two hours later, when they didn't find her. They opened the closet. She was there, lying dead. Turned out, the killer was me. It's just, whenever I see you, I get those memories back. After all you were also a friend's sister”, he breathed out the air he was holding in.

“Well, earlier when I first saw you, I pretty much figured out that you had lost someone who you loved deeply and burdened the happening on your shoulders”, I said and I felt his gaze shooting at me. “It was etched on the way you always slept. We all sleep not only to have rest but also to keep away from the dark reality and into the beautiful world of dreams”, I explained and I felt his gaze gone from mine.

“If I ever thought I was being observant, I guess you should be a spy”, he commented, exhaling a sharp breath.

I laughed.

“So, what happened to you?”, he asked. I stopped in my tracks, not looking at him. I knew what he meant. Without meaning to, a small smile crept up to my lips. What happened to me? Honestly, I don't know. Maybe, just life happened.

“Nobody can directly jump to conclusions until and unless he/she is pretty sure of what they are thinking. And an experienced can only have that power. So, what was your experience?”, he laid out his theory.

As much as I wanted to spill out, I knew it would cause more harm than good.

“Well, it's a secret”, I said without turning back to him and walking ahead.

“But, something did happen, right?”, he pressed on.

“Maybe.”, I shrugged. “The sky is meant to be spread with hues. Maybe black or a shade deeper than black. Maybe white or twenty shades lighter than white. It's supposed to be colored. And, I guess my sky is colored in something so black that if you begin acknowledging it, you will lose yourself in it”, I warned him.

“What happened that was so drastic?”, he asked.

“Life and death. White and black. Red and yellow. ”, I answered in jumbled pieces and left him baffled.

Nobody was meant to know how I feel. It is just an untouched subject and I want it untouched for as long as it can be.

A shade bluer. A shade redder.

The string of lie tying my heart. The string of love trying to strangle my heart. The string of luck trying to free my heart.

But all of them are leading to one place. Him.

Where did I belong to, never mattered anymore.

Where did I lose myself, never meant anything.

I was just another soul across his life.

But, however I needed to protect him.

I will protect him for the sake of him.

He is my known love of life.

†.†.†.†.†.†

// I just came back from somewhere and was feeling the worst so this filler was born... Up to you if you wanna enjoy 😪😪//