Chapter 18

Some nights, you won't have anyone by your side,
And you would want to die...
Some nights, the most pathetic 'goodbyes',
Can be healed by one 'See you again'

†.†.†.†.†

L3 - A letter, some love and damn luck

Chapter 18

D A R S H A N

“What?!”, I yell in surprise as I sit across dad and didi in the living room.

I look at didi in shock.

“You... Why do you need to move out?”, I asked didi.

Earlier today, didi had asked me to meet in the living room with dad.

I hadn't expected it to turn out as this conversation!

“Darshan, let's not make a scene out of this. I am moving out and I have seen another apartment in Bandra. You wouldn't need to worry”, she said calmness lying in her tone.

“I don't care if you think I am over reacting, but heck! Why do you need to move out?”, I asked exasperated.

“Darshan, you are the first person whom I find so clueless”, she sighed out.

“What do you mean?”, I raised my brows at her.

“I mean, you are going to get married. You have a fiancé and...a girlfriend”, she said the last word in a whisper so that only I could hear it. “.. And you both will clearly need space. Besides, I too need to get some space, don't I?”, she explained as I stood there stupefied.

“But...moving out... That too to Bandra..”, I sat back getting into a deep thought.

“Darshan... ”, she let out a deep breath.

“I always knew talking to you is going to be hard enough...”, she said in an undertone but I could hear it.

I had grown too habituated with having her silly pranks on me that the thought of her going away from me didn't just settle right.

There seem to be a lot of things off.

Not that, it is because she is moving away. But because, I feel like I am forgetting something, very important.

To begin with, I believe I was a person with very sharp memory, but how am I forgetting these important things?

Who is my sister after all?

I believe that...it wasn't the way it is now. She used to be a complete different person.

Hardik seems off lately. He is busy in something...something that I have no idea about.

“Okay. Do as you wish”, I sighed and got up. There is no way I could go against her will. Her lips thinned into a line.

I walked to my room and called Pri.

Maybe she could help me.

D I Y A