Chapter 20

Where shall we meet again?
In a world of us outside this world.

†.†.†.†.†.†

L3 - A letter, some love and damn music

Chapter 20

D I Y A

As we sat around the fire to cook, I asked Darshan to wash the vegetables.

“Sure sure. But with what soap should I wash them?”, he asked in return.

Staaaaaaarrrreeeeeee

“Wait, did I say something wrong?”, he asked innocently.

“Do you know anything about cooking?”, Hardik asked.

“Well...only tits and bits”, he said rubbing the back of his head.

“Well then, go and cut the vegetables over there”, Hardik said pointing to the pile of the vegetables.

“Sure”, he enthusiastically said and moved over to the table.

“Hardik”, he called out. “Which one do I use?”, he asked holding a butcher knife and a scissor.

“Hey, that knife is dangerous”, Hardik said running towards him.

“Seriously!”, I slapped my forehead, because my brother was unbelievably a fool.

“Well, I will chop the vegetables”, I said getting in front.

“Well then, Darshan, at least go and do the fire”, Hardik said unsure.

Darshan's brow knitted together. “Well then”, he said in a thick voice.

I rubbed the back of my left leg with the right leg as something seemed to bite me.

After I chopped the potatoes and carrots, I was heading for the onions.

The monsters of vegetables, onions. I swallowed thickly looking at it.

I don't have my helmet.

You can do it, Diya.

I grabbed one of the onions and chopped them. My eyes stinged. Oh no, this is what I feared.

Something seemed to roll off my neck, tickling me.

Aiiiiiiii....

“Darshan what are you doing?”, I snapped at him.

“Well, blowing air in your ear”, he said plainly.

“That's horrible”, I yelled thickly again.

“Well, why are you crying?”, he asked ignoring my break down.

“Is it some boy? Or someone you love you are reminded of? Tell me if I just have to break anyone's leg”, he said confidently inching closer.

“It's those stupid onions you moron!”, I yelled rubbing my eyes.

“What? These stupid onions made you cry? Did someone in past liked onions and now cutting those reminds you of them? Or something like that?”, he asked.

“You stupid idiot duffer brother of mine! Onion contains syn-propanethial-S-oxide enzyme that forces tears to come out of the eyes”, I informed him.