Chapter 5

L3 - A letter, some love and damn luck

Chapter 5

The stars and moon were up the sky and I was happily snoring in my room under my duvet until, a phone call disturbed my perfectly balanced sleep schedule.

"Hello", I grunted into the phone, clearly annoyed.

"Hello, didi", it was him? I looked at the watch. 3.00 AM. Unlike Darshan, I was better at sleeping off till early morning than staying awake till early morning.

"What happened? Did you drunk call me in the middle of night?", I grunted into it, keeping the phone on my ear and putting my arm under the duvet to warm it up. God, it was too cold!

From the other side, I heard him laughing. He hadn't been too happy in such a long time!

"Well, that could be a part of it. But, I want you to pick me up because I might be a little drunk", he said into the phone and I appreciate the fact that he decided to call me instead of getting onto the road and being caught by the police. He is a good boy. He can be in anyone's good books.

"I see how little drunk you are to drunk call your sister instead of your ex", I said dragging my body out of the comfortable warmth of my duvet and sliding into a jacket.

Should I change? No. It's not like anyone is going to see me, I am just going to pick up him.

"Where are you, now?", I asked slipping into my car and revving the car to life.

The location came through WhatsApp and not through him because he was a little drunk.

I put on of my favorite Jennifer Lopez songs. "On the floor". What a thing! Here I am playing a party song while I am going to pick up my brother from a party.

"Jesus, how did you end up here?", I hissed to Darshan as I sneered at the surrounding. He laughed a deep, husky and hearty laugh.

"I dropped Prisha to her home and then my friend invited me to this party", he said pocketing his hands into his blue denim pockets.

"Where is your jacket?", I asked looking at him.

"I gave it to Prisha", he said rubbing the back of his neck and in that instant, I could picturize him with that girl walking hand in hand in this cold chilly winter night while he gave her his jacket as a gentleman when she felt cold in that summer dress. Well, obviously she would. She wore a fucking summer dress in winter!

"Take mine", I said handing over my jacket to him. He looked at me wide eyed.

"No no... You keep it. I am not feeling cold, anyways", he said.

"Ahh, so are you feeling hot after that encounter with Prisha?", I asked cracking a pun and his face reddened.

He quietly took the jacket from me and put it on.

"I am glad you called me. Driving in this winter night can be risky, you know?", I said as I got into my car.

"But I disturbed you, I am sorry", he said lowering his head in guilt. Within that moment, I felt a wave of adoration fill my heart and wash my mind. How great of a gentleman!

"You don't need to be", I said pulling the car out of the garage.

He was quiet after that. He didn't spoke a word until we reached our house. Our house, which would soon turn into his and his family's.

I hated it when the thought of him leaving me crossed my mind.

"Didi", he called out to me.

"Yes?", I prompted him to finish off what he started.