(7) - Mirrors -

7 - Mirrors -

There was a heavy tension inside the Fleets Office, hearing Boboiboy's arrival back on the ship after a few days of his sanction. Ciciko remained silent, glancing at Kaizo who remained sat by the center seats, arms on the table as his hands tightened their grip to each other, looking down in a daze. "He disobeyed the sanction."

"Sir, do you have any idea what just happened back on Earth?" Ciciko interjected to Tarung who was still skeptical and angered, looking at the shorter alien, seeing his pressed lips, "But you are well aware of what it means–" "My daughter and wife nearly died if Boboiboy didn't disobey the sanction..." Kaizo expressed, the two Fleets saw his darkened gaze, looking towards them. The possible harm that his wife could've sustained and his daughter, he recalled an unwanted memory in an instant, causing him to clench his jaw.

Despite Kaizo's obvious younger age than the two, he certainly created a name for himself that even his point came through with just a glance. He swallowed the lump in his throat. Their talk was cut when the door cracked open. Boboiboy walked inside as the tension grew, Tarung walking towards the center seats as Ciciko took his own seat.

"Admiral Boboiboy, Reporting for Duty." He announced, moving to put his hands to his back, looking at them fierce eyes, his gaze holding weight. Ciciko cleared his throat, "You are well aware of the sanction, aren't you, Admiral?" "If I didn't act on my training, my Planet would have suffered casualties, sir." He answered, and Kaizo nodded. "I commend your bravery, but your previous action took a toll on Astroma Station. You understand why we chose such a disciplinary action, don't you?" Kaizo queried, the brunet looked at each of them, showing his determination through his brown orbs.

"I understand the reason for my disciplinary sanction, I'm well aware of the repercussions of disobeying them. But you need me for this battle, sirs, you know that."

His words made them wide-eyed. "The attacks were premeditated, we are left with nothing again but an apocalyptic sight and anarchists running away... you must understand our time is limited by when they strike again." Boboiboy expressed, holding a formal tone as Tarung asked, "How can you be certain they'll attack again?" Boboiboy looked at the table, recalling the robots as he said, "They're certainly looking for something here. It's probably something worthwhile judging by how they'd be willing to execute anything just to get it. You must put me in this battle."

Ciciko stood on his seat, letting them see more of his figure, the sunglasses he wore hid the majority of his emotions, "If we do such a thing. Will you accept the repercussions after this situation is dealt with, Admiral Boboiboy?" He stated, Boboiboy tightened the grip of his hands behind him, heaving a heavy breath, "For the safety of my planet, I'll accept anything, sir."

"Boboiboy! You're back!"

As Yaya flew towards him, she gave him a hug, freeing his tensed shoulder. He returned the gesture, seeing the rest of his friends come close. "Will you be coming back early from the sanction?" Ying inquired as Boboiboy nodded, smiling as Yaya let him go, standing beside him. "It's been awhile. The kids said 'be safe'." Boboiboy relayed, the Yinan couple feeling happy to know their kids were well.

Boboiboy looked apologetically to Fang, "Sorry about Shielda. Something came up during the battle and she took the hit for me." "I heard. She'll pull through just fine, but it'll limit her for a bit." Yaya said, returning from the medical bay of the station, learning the Mop language. The brunet Admiral looked around, noting a missing figure. Ying chuckled as he turned back to her, "If you're looking for Gopal he's busy with preparation duty himself." The youngest stated, earning a chuckle from the male, "Really now? I guess he's finally getting serious since forever." Boboiboy interjected, knowing their friend prefers to lounge around than do his tasks at times.

The tall male walked around his room, biting his bottom lip as he recalled the sight. His powers were generally used for shifting molecular surfaces, but due to his Rift-Key, he now has extra capabilities that spur out of nowhere. His eyes glimmered for a few seconds and he'd grown worried as he saw a weird sight surrounding Fang when he was planning or pranking the male.

The black and white figures surrounding Fang seemingly made the rest of the room a chromatic place that resembled a theater by how many figures acted strange like some died or some were just standing in place–the surroundings made no sense.

He'd snapped out of the daze when Fang woke up, looking at him weirdly, staring beneath his spectacles as he asked the older what he was going to do to which he flipped and rushed off, Fang chalking it up to one of the male's pranks as Gopal found himself sitting inside the storage rooms, trying to catch his breath when suddenly he was plunge into the mirror world, shaking his head as he hid his face, "Let me out!" He yelled as he removed his palms from his face, seeing the storage room again.

Just when he thought he'd gotten over it, he heard of Boboiboy's return, making him find his way to the shuttle, seeing the spaceship landing from afar, but the Admiral looked angry, walking off to his destination, the office. Gopal stepped back slightly to see the weird shadows surrounding his friend, 'What are these things?!' He thought, scared when some of them turned their head in an uncanny way, some having more forms as their eyes were different colors, one of them, the one with orange glowing eyes, walked towards him, making him shakily walk away, wiping his eyes as he made his way back to his room.

Now there he stood, wondering why his power was acting out, he held his head as a sudden painful migraine took over him, a flash of light blinded him as he winced, covering his eyes. He jolted when he was suddenly held by the wrist, eyes burst open to see a familiar male, his eyes darted around to see that he was inside the mirror palace from his key.

Gopal flicked the hand holding him away as he moved back, the male's face finally coming into view, alarming Gopal as he gasped. "W-Who... what are you?!" He yelled, prepared to fight when the figure lifted his arms, seemingly surrendering, saying, "I haven't come to fight... i'm here to warn you of something, General... or Gopal."

Gopal felt panicked, his information detailed by the man too well, but his suspicious appearance clued him that it wasn't who he thought it was. "H-How do you know my name?! What do you mean warn?!" The man looked at him with a calm expression his lips pursed into a small frown, "A monster is coming from the rift. I'm warning you about how powerful he will be..." His eyes turned to the side as Gopal followed his gaze, eyes widened to see a lifeless body presented in one of the crystalized mirrors.

'W-Why is he... d-dead?'