(3) - Chipping Smiles -

3 - Chipping Smiles -

As Fang remained stood before the Fleet's office, Tarung started his explanation. "As you've stated, the enemies retreated out of nowhere, right?" "Yes, sir, they boarded their ships with a different insignia." Fang spoke in a firm tone, looking calm with arms behind his back, Ciciko let out a gruff hum, turning to the holographic camera placed by the battle-field, the raven-haired male recalled the fight he'd entered, shutting his eyes for a brief moment.

Fang summoned his Light Rapier, slicing off some of the enemies, some of their robots falling back while the humanoid figures faltered, scared at the sight as his ruby orbs gleamed towards them, gritting his teeth as they pointed their weapons to him, prepared to attack.

'W-What do we do...' One muttered, loud enough for Fang to hear as he glanced at him, all of them had shaky hands. Their masks are not hiding their anxiousness.

His eyes widened when they got a grip, attacking him as he stomped his feet, the shadows crawling as shadow hands wrapped around them, he advanced forward, slicing them off with efficiency, 'It's his highness...' one groaned before they fainted. Fang turned back, squinting at them as he dropped their bodies, shrugging off his thoughts to handle the upcoming enemies.

"Fang!"

The male stiffened, eyes bursting open to see Kaizo call for him with a analytic gaze, head slightly tilted to the side as Fang huffed a breath, looking around the room to note Ciciko's gaze on him whilst Tarung sigh, shaking his head. "I understand this unexpected has you tired, for now take some rest and return when you've cleared your mind, Admiral." Kaizo commanded with firm tone, Fang swallowed the lump in his throat, nodding, saluting before he was relieved of his post, moving out to the halls.

Exiting the room, Fang heard his name called, turning to see Yaya and Ying present. "Laopo?" He muttered, making her give a small smile, "I switched shifts with Sai and Shielda as they were tasked to" Ying voiced, gently holding his hand as Yaya inquired, "So what'll be the next mission regarding that enemy ship?" Fang sighed, shaking his head. "Not sure, seems like we don't have leads yet, the only thing I remember is that weird Torch Insignia." Fang muttered, pondering where it's from.

Yaya crossed arms over her chest, gently pressing her thumb above her bottom lip, "Hm, maybe I'll go check with Nut and DataBot, they've got to know at least something about it." She spoke, Ying smiled, ushering Fang close to her, confusing him as she said, "I'll catch up later with you then, Fang and I have something to talk about~" Yaya chuckled, waving them goodbye as she walked off to the Research Lab.

The shorter lady pulled Fang off to a separate area, near the main opening to the sky hanger, Fang faced his wife, giving a small confused smile. "What's wrong, Ying?" "What's wrong with you? Don't pull the 'i'm fine' line on me, it's obvious you aren't." Ying interjected, eyes piercing him, trying to gauge his headspace, but he bit his bottom lip, hands digging into his pockets.

"Just before the battle, the guys were taunting me about something and it got to me. That's all." Fang spoke, looking towards her with earnest eyes, his words half-truth as she put a hand to her hip tilting her head to note that he was saying the truth, huffing a breath, pouting.

"We'll see about that," He cracked a smile to her, knowing he'd been caught in a lie, "In anycase, did you know about Boboiboy and Fleet Admiral Amato?" Ying questioned, making him alarmed, eyes flickering wide for a moment as she clicked her tongue, "So you did." Fang walked towards her, holding her shoulder, both locking eyes as he asked, "Did he..." Her defeated expression already told him, "I'm sorry I didn't say anything before... but it wasn't my business." He added, biting his bottom lip, she cupped his cheeks. "You know... he is someone we didn't know before he came to Kuala Lumpur. Think about it, how much he would've hurt t find his Father is here but rarely came home." She said, gently padding her thumb on his cheek, making him lean to her touch, humming in agreement.

'I doubt you knew the extent of his regret, Laopo. I'm not even sure they'd be able to repair themselves... like me.' He thought, a stinging memory returning to him of him and his brother running away from their village, the treacherous words he'd heard and his brother's subsequent distancing. He sighed, making Ying worried as he leaned close, planting a kiss on her forehead,

"I love you, Ying." He murmured to her skin, his grip tightening for a moment, Ying noting his jittery actions.

As Boboiboy remained inside the separated cubicle inside the clinic, hearing many of the agents heading out as tehy'v recovered, some being unfortunate and didn't make it, he remained vigilant. His ears rang for a moment, staring straight to the metallic edge of the bed, letting a breath out, his eyes flickered for a moment, seeing that the room became suffocating, holding his chest.

A few droplets came from the roof, scrunching his face as he knew that there wasn't any bathroom or area about that housed water, the curtains blurred suddenly as they looked solid the droplets becoming waterfalls as the water filled the room, he couldn't move, transform or anything as the room was filling with water, passing his neck as he took a deep breath, trying to shake off whatever held him back, eyes flickering orange to red than back to brown as bubbles flew past his eyes, shutting them in panic.

"--Boboiboy?"

His body jolted at the gentle hand placed over his shoulder, eyes bursting open to see that he was back at the usual cubicle, sitting up to see that there wasn't any water, eyes frantically searching around. "Sweetie, look at me," Her gentle voice accompanied by her cupping his cheeks, Boboiboy grasped for air, staring at Yaya, "Breath... follow me." She coaxed, making him follow along her breathing's pace, leveling himself as he grabbed her hand on his cheek, moving it by his lips, hands completely absorbing it by its size, Yaya leaned over to hug him with her free arm.

"It's okay... did you have a nightmare? It'll be fine, it won't happen." She assured Boboiboy pressed himself close to her chest, hearing her beating heart, calming him down, "Do you feel better?" She asked, making him hum, a light nod from him. She gently removed his grip, seeing his eyes slightly dazed, looking up at her, looking so much like him, making her smile. "Did you know that Yanni looks so much like you?" She said, trying to call him back to reality, his eyes looked cheerful to hear the name, slightly smiling, "Do I?" "Yeah, so imagine if he saw you crying, he'd be quite shy, ahaha~" She voiced, laughing as he stifled one himself.

The previous dream Boboiboy had in the distant past after Yaya came, letting him calm down, seeing his disheveled self concerning her and took note to question him further.