(28) - Time and Space -

28 - Time and Space -

The loud repeating beeps made Fang gasp, eyes shot open as he sat up, he heard, "Easy now." He turned to see Kaizo, giving him a worried gaze as he panted, eyes darting around as he asked, "What happened? Did we succeed?" His voice worried as Kaizo gave a small reassuring smile, nodding, "We got it done... but right now you need to take a rest, you'd been out of it for weeks." Kaizo spoke, making Fang furrow his brows, looking around the room for a familiar woman, but then it struck him.

"She hadn't returned yet. I'm sorry, Fang." Kaizo stated, holding his younger brother's shoulder, but Fang let out a shaky breath, nodding as he said, "C-Can you give me a minute... I need to be alone." Kaizo hesitated to move, but he got up from his seat, moving outside the door as he shut it behind him.

Fang looked down to his bandaged hands, tightening his fist on the blanket as he felt his eyes brimming with tears, slowly falling as he looked down, recalling Ying's apology before she'd push him out of the Oblivion Rift, his consciousness fading as he caught a glimpse of her tearful gaze, giving him a bright smile as he held his face into his palms, letting out a choked sob, yelling out tears as those walking past felt worried but decided against asking Kaizo what happened, seeing his solemn and distance gaze.

Kaizo shut his eyes for a moment, recalling the sight of seeing Boboiboy and Fang falling down, forcing him to catch the two as he tried to bring them back to consciousness, but he his fear grew.

Fang coughing out blood as his body slowly changed back into his normal form, Kaizo held him as he called the medics, moving his own brother after a bloody sight made him shaken up as he saw Boboiboy had been moved to another stretcher, standing up as heaved a breath, looking up to see the cracks in the air disappearing slowly as the rest of the enemy ships and minions disappearing alongside it.

The Fleet sighed, opening his eyes as he pressed his intercom, "Start a search for Commodore Yaya and Ying. again. Now." He spoke, hearing some answers but it blurred out whilst he rushed to return to the control panel, but was in-shock to see Boboiboy holding Tarung by his shirt, yelling, "What do you mean they aren't back with us!? They can't be... why did we manage to escape?!" Tarung couldn't fight back, too concerned for the admiral as he tried to coax him to calm down, his figure bruised as his nose bled, arm shaky from the pain he'd endured during the battle.

The people around them were shocked when Boboiboy was pulled to the side, slapped on the cheek as he let go of Tarung, glancing to see Kaizo who wore a pained frown, "Listen well, Admiral... the commodores had saved you all, you are aware of what those keys will do... right now, we can't do much other than wait. So start recovering rather than rattling about here!" He yelled, scaring those who'd seen the scene, Boboiboy huffed a breath, tears falling down his cheeks as he bent down, crying out as Tarung knelt by him, gently patting his back as the admiral uttered apologies.

The hall grew silent with each broken sob let out by the Admiral, Kaizo ushered Boboiboy to his feet, patting his back, "I'll assist him back to his room, sir." "Keep an eye out for them. I'll handle the search." Tarung expressed, seeing the panicked state of the male as Kaizo led him away, both separating to their tasks.

As Yaya fluttered her eyes open, she sat up, seeing distant laughter, looking around to see multiple familiar figures before her, it was her with her family, Boboiboy laughing as Brianna and Yanni played around. Her tears fell for a moment, but the memory disappeared as quick as it came. Soon she was sitting before an odd man, eyes widened as she spoke, "Y-You're... Blue Falcon." The man gave a brief nod, smiling.as he stepped back, letting her see that she was in a strange white and gold room, eyes darting around as she soon landed on Ying who'd remained in slumber.

She attempted to sit up, wincing as Blue Falcon held her shoulder, "You can't. Your key harmed your physical figment more. You'd best rest." He spoke, making her point to her friend, "Is she okay?" Yaya asked as Falcon gave a hum, nodding, "She'll need to rest... she's experiencing the after effects of Bedlam... she's not whole." Falcon expressed as he saw Yaya's concerned gaze, letting her sit up, "What's going on? Where exactly are we? And what's wrong with my friend?" She asked, too afraid of what's going on, jolting to hear a brief laugh, turning to see someone enter.

"Canary, pipe down." "Sorry, brother, but I'm amused that they'd all be so active and ask so much when they'd early lost their mortality." Blue Canary snickered, moving to the group as Yaya huffed a breath, feeling her figure weakened. Canary gave a hum, pressing his lips together as he handed her some water, she thanked him as he crossed an arm over his chest, glancing towards Ying. "Where should we begin... Well, what do you know first, Miss?"

Yaya put the cup of water down on the side, looking towards them with a small smile, "I'm Yaya Binju... you might know me as the person who used the Breaker key... and–oh, you might've met my husband, he's the person who used the Wanderer's key." She spoke out, alarming the duo as Canary exclaimed, "You're married to each other?! Talk about one hell of a couple–ow!" Falcon nudged his stomach, giving a small smile to her. "Yes, we've met. But due to the situation, you'll be back in the real world faster due to the power of your keys. Your friend will require more time to heal." Falcon stated, lifting his head as he showed their keys.

"Why does she need more time? How badly did she get hurt?" Yaya asked, looking between the two as Falcon hummed, crossing an arm over his chest, "When using the keys, they're so powerful that they can literally reconstruct the fabrics of both reality–" He gestured to her then to Ying, "And time. Due to her using her powers in what battle you'd emerged from, her spirit is currently still gathering itself because it got separated from her body." Falcon stated, snapping his finger as the keys disappeared as his eyes gleamed towards her.

He added, "This is what we call the aftereffects of a Bedlam, two rifts trying to converge—ultimately failing and nearly costing lives, Your friend avoided it by regressing time and keeping your rifts safe in the expense, she'd pay this price by her spirit being deformed, it's still repairing in a place we call Interitus Ruins... once she returns, she'll be fine, but still heal from her wounds."

Yaya sighed, looking down to her fingers, nodding as she recalled the area in the rift, seeing the portal open for Zion and Arthadel as the Warlord looked at her with piqued interest, glancing to his brother who nodded as they returned to their rift alongside their armies, she shut her eyes for a moment, "I also suppose that I'm staying here... and time is working its magic outside?" Yaya fluttered her eyes open, looking at the two who nodded, she gave a pressed smile, "It'll leave a sour taste in my mouth... my kids will definitely miss me." She exasperated, earning Light chuckle from Falcon as Canary was in disbelief that she was already a mother.

The rift speeds up time within itself as Yaya and Ying remain as temporary guests in the starry world.