Load off

Arshi was sitting near her balcony, her happy place to find a little solitude in such a situation of crisis. Arshi had been to the studio a couple of times but ensured that she never met Rahul. But once she had to stay back with Akshat sir and Rahul arrived. She could see Rahul's lips curve into a smile, but it the smile hid too many emotions that were difficult for Arshi to comprehend. She simply smiled back. Seeing Rahul's smile was something that Arshi was used to, but that day it felt different. She was seeing him after quite some time, and that made her heart pound. In the back of her mind, she was sad as she was doing something completely wrong, and she regretted it every moment. She left as soon as her work was done, not allowing Rahul to ask her anything.

_________________________

Rahul's heart jumped up, seeing Arshi after long. It was peaceful and serene to just stay with her in the studio. He completely forgot that Arshi had broken his heart and smiled at her and she smiled back. It was a priceless smile. But then all the pain of the last few days just reflected in front of him, and he just stood with his mouth shut. 

____________________________

As soon as Arshi reached home, she broke down. The pain that she faced that night was unbearable. It felt as if someone had just pulled off her heart from her chest. Seeing Rahul, was a relief as well as a wave of fresh pain. She was crying when Anushree called her up. She reflexly picked up the call. Anushree asked, hearing her weep, "Hey, Arshi! Are you okay?" Arshi was done with everything. She could not keep it within her anymore and simply decided to vent out. She wept for some time, not uttering a single word. Anushree was worried but did not stop her. Arshi calmed down in a couple of minutes and spoke, "Anu, can you please get Esha on the call too. I will explain everything to you now. Esha had also asked me about it. But I could not tell her anything." Anushree agreed. Arshi waited as Anushree added Esha. Arshi started, "Anu and Esha. I want to tell you something that I have hidden since way too long. I know Rahul has already informed you all that I am getting married to Ishaan. But you both know that I loved Rahul and I do love him now also, and I will love him forever." Anushree and Esha asked collectively, " Then, why are you getting married to Ishaan? Rahul guesses that its for money and we know that it is wrong but we are unable to explain him that it is not what he thinks. He doubts you." Before they could complete, Arshi interrupted and spoke, "Anu, Esha, it is okay. It is a normal human tendency to doubt and he is not wrong in his position. I so wish to tell him but i am also bound by my own problems and issues. The thing is Ishaan happens to be Manish's cousin and he wants to get married to me." Anushree replied, "So, you agreed to it? Why?" Arshi continued, "I would not have but there is a deal that is if I don't marry him, he will get Rahul's voice replaced in all the songs of Bhoomi Album that is to be released in some time and on the day of the release, my wedding is scheduled. I know how important this album is for Rahul and we both have actually given it our all. This album has a lot of songs sung by Rahul and all those songs were also recorded in Vashishth's voice, so it is possible for replacement of voice. I was scared and I agreed to marry him as I was helpleass beyond limits. I want Rahul's voice to be there and there is nothing that matters to me more than his success. I know I am breaking his heart but whatever I am doing is better for him. I have no other choice left. I don't want him to know that it is by compulsion that I am marrying Ishaan. It will make the entire situation worse for him, which I don't want." Anushree was stunned and asked, "So you are ready to marry a person who is forcing you to get married to him, for Rahul. Listen. Tell this to Rahul. He is suffering everyday, every moment remembering you. Rahul is a strong guy, I have never seen him cry so bad and want something so desperately. He will not be able to take this, Please, talk to him." Arshi answered, "Anu, Do you think I don't want to talk to him? I so want to, but I cant. I am the same person who could not think of spending a single day without Rahul, He was like my lifeline. He still is but I don't want him to know that."

 Esha did not speak for sometime.  She thought and thought, till her trail of thought was broken by Anushree, "Esha. Are you there?" Esha spoke, "Yes, I am. Arshi, I never knew that you loved Rahul so much. I wish I could tell him the truth but you shall not allow that. But I will surely come up with a solution. Give me sometime."

Arshi thanked Anushree and Esha to have helped her to get the load off her chest. They were happy to know the truth and were determined to help her some way or the other.