STUDIO

Arshi was on her way to the Rain Studio when she received a call from Rahul sir asking her when she will be in the studio. She replied immediately, "Yes sir. I am on my way to the studio. I shall reach on time, sir." Arshi was close to the studio and was confirmed to reach within 10 minutes at the higher end. 

Arshi finally reached the studio. As she got down the cab she could feel her heart pounding faster. She entered the building's lift and selected the fourth floor where the studio was.   She was nervous but her excitement was clearly visible on her face. She reached the fourth floor and saw a huge banner with the logo of Akshat Amit band as she exited the lift. That made her believe that she was very close of turning her dream into a reality. She entered the studio and found a lady sitting in the reception area and informed her that she was Arshi and was called by Akshat sir to meet them. The lady at the reception gave a call to someone to confirm and asked her to wait. She waited for about a couple of minutes after which a man greeted her. It was Rahul Ved. He was dressed in a similar way as Arshi and wore a denim jacket over a white tee. 

"Hey, Arshi! I am Rahul Ved and I am a singer in the Akshat Amit band." Rahul greeted warmly. "Yes, Rahul sir. I know you and I have also got the opportunity to see you perform live in our college fest. You are an amazing singer and I am a big fan of you and the entire band." Arshi replied calmly trying to keep her excitement go unnoticed. "Great to hear that. Thank you so much. Lets get going, Akshat sir is waiting for us inside."Rahul said noticing her suppressed excitement. 

They both went inside the studio and she could not believe her luck that she was inside Rain Studio, something that she had dreamed of as an aspiring musician. She saw Akshat sir sitting in the studio along with Amit sir. She greeted both of them.

Akshat sir spoke" Hello Arshi. Great to see you. So let me explain you why you have been called. Actually we are in need of a permanent female vocalist for our band and we thought that you will be a valuable addition to our band. All of us have seen you perform live in your college when we had gone to perform. So will it be possible for you to sing a little bit so that we can see how well you can get yourself accommodated in the band." Arshi replied in the affirmative and started to sing her favourite song of Akshat Amit that was released a few month ago, Naseeba. This song was also a part of the set playlist that the band performed. 

She sung it perfectly and also sung a few more songs that were a part of the set playlist of Akshat Amit Live. Everyone was really impressed listening to her and  that made them even more sure about having her in the band. 

Akshat sir asked Arshi,"You are truly an amazing singer and we are happy that we had chosen you as a permanent vocalist. The only issue is that you need to practice the set with all the band members and other singers like Vashishth and Rahul, so that you can effortlessly fit in the Live band. You would need some time to get acquainted with all the songs and their lyrics. When would you like to join the band for a practice session?"

Arshi could not believe her ears. She excitedly replied "Anytime would be okay. My college exams just got over and I will be free now a days. So any time that will be convenient for the band will be okay with me." Akshat sir smiled and said,"Before I welcome you to the Akshat Amit family, I would just give you a little warning that is now you would have to travel a lot and your life will actually be in a suitcase. So be ready for that dear. Welcome to the Live Band of Akshat Amit. Hope you perform your best and enjoy your concerts with us. We don't have any concerts for a month now, so I think, it will be a good enough time for you to get accustomed with the band. I suggest you start practicing from tomorrow onwards." Arshi happily agreed. 

Amit sir left the studio early as he had some work back at home while Akshat sir, Rahul and Arshi sat and discussed about her addition in the band, music and tours etc. 

Akshat sir randomly asked Arshi," Are you just a singer or do you play instruments and produce music also?" Arshi replied, " Sir, I am mostly a singer but I do have a small studio at home with some equipments for tones, pitch and quality check and editing songs that I put on my social media handles. I do produce music sometimes as in I produced our school song and a few random music which is now on Youtube as non copyright music for other creators to use." Aksht sir was really surprised and asked her if she would like to join the team in the new album as an assistant to Rahul Ved. She took it as a joke and laughed it off thinking that Akshat sir is jokingly telling. But right  then Rahul said,"If it is convenient for you, you can join me in the studio today and we can work together on the background score for a film. It will be a great way for me to just see if you can help us with music production also."

Arshi agreed immediately. She excused herself and called her mother to inform her about all that which had happened and her mother proudly congratulated her and asked her to take care of herself. Arshi stayed back along with Rahul whiLe Akshat sir left at about 1:30 pm. She had not realized how fast time flew. Arshi and Rahul decided to order lunch and went back to work on their music. Rahul was impressed with her skills and both worked together as a wonderful team as if they had been working together for ages. 

At about 7:00 pm, they were done with the background score and Akshat sir approved it immediately too. They both left the studio. Arshi booked a cab and Rahul waited with her for the cab to arrive. 

While waiting they both talked to each other about music, the band and how Rahul had been working with Akshat sir and Amit sir for the past three years. The cab arrived and Arshi left on a happy note while Rahul drove home in his car. 

After reaching home, she changed her clothes and showered as her phone rang. She saw that it was a Whatsapp notification.  As she opened it she was delighted as she had been added in the group of Akshat Amit live and Akshat sir had written a sweet note which read-"Everybody, please welcome a new member in our band, Arshi Sharma who joined us today as the lead Female vocalist of our band . She is an amazing singer and also a music producer. She assisted Rahul to produce the background score today. It is a request to all to come to the studio tomorrow so that we can start practicing the set with her. Confirm the timings please." 

She was on Cloud Nine and went off to sleep smiling at the day that had just passed by.