A Call

The call ended at about 7:30 PM, Arshi felt relieved to have just taken a massive load off her chest. She had been in pain and was also sure that Rahul was also in pain but could not help. She was more than happy to talk to Anushree and Esha, and they also promised to help her, without intimidating Rahul. She was calm, her tears had not dried up, but the reasons for the damages were shared, so it was a relief. She went to the kitchen to bring a cup of coffee when her phone rang. Ishaan had called her up to confirm the date of their wedding and the release of Bhoomi Album. Arshi wanted her wedding to be only after the release of the album, but Ishaan wanted it earlier. It was finally decided that the marriage date was on the day of Bhoomi. Arshi was okay missing the release as she would otherwise have to face Rahul again and she did not have the courage for that. Ishaan and his parents had already discussed it with her parents, and they had given the go-ahead. The only thing that Arshi regretted was that her parents never got the chance to meet the person she loved, Rahul. She never got a chance to choose her partner and was instead being forced into a marriage that was actually like a deal. 

She hung up and sipped her coffee scrolling through her Instagram feeds and then, in particular, searching for Rahul. She wanted just to see him and talk to him but he could not so she just did the former. Rahul had uploaded a new post. It was of the rehearsal session of the Jubilee concerts in Calgary. It had Akshat sir giving instructions to Rahul, Arshi and the entire chorus. It was so nostalgic for her to think about those days. She went on to like the post and dropped a comment too that read, "It was so good there, having so much fun during the months packed with concerts."

____________

Rahul had uploaded the post and was scrolling through his feeds and then through Arshi's profile. He went to the post that he had uploaded after about an hour to find that Arshi had liked and commented on the post. He read the comment, liked it and replied, "Studio sessions were the best. I do miss those days. Hope that we get to relive them. 🤍🤍" From there, he redirected himself to her profile. A visit to her profile was like a Roller Coaster of emotions. He was reminded of all the good days and the bad ones too. He was sad and fo some reason, called up Anushree. Anushree picked up the call, and they both conversed for some time. She kept her promise to Arshi and did not disclose anything to Rahul even though she wanted to. He and Anushree talked about their childhood memories and then about Arshi. Rahul said, "Arshi is hiding something huge from me. She does not want to get married but still is. I have seen her eyes hide something. Those eyes are still full of love for me. I always wanted to forget her after what she did with me, but on the day I met her, I am sure it is some big issue and not money at least as Radhika had told me or as I had guessed. I want to talk to her, but I know she would not pick up my call. I have been desperate to listen to her." He had tears in his eyes. Anushree was on the verge of breaking down and wanted to tell everything to Rahul. Anushree said, "Rahul, Have patience. I am sure all will be fine soon, and I can guarantee you that Arshi does love you the most and she cares for you like no one else. This is just a small test of the love that you both share and I am sure you both will overcome it soon." She hung up, and the last line of Anushree left a smile on Rahul's face. 

______________________

As soon as Anushree and Rahul were done with their conversation, Esha called her up. The call also had Arshi on a conference. Esha said, "Let us meet tomorrow. I have a solution to share. Tomorrow, Bistro Cafe, Khar at 4:00 PM. Is that okay?" All replied in the affirmative. 

Arshi hoped that Esha's solution. She went to the kitchen, grabbed her dinner and went to her room. She sat down with the food when Rahul called up. Arshi was in two minds whether to pick up or not, but she finally did. Arshi picked up the call and whispered, "Hi, Rahul!" Rahul was unable to speak. He wept. Arshi also broke down. Rahul questioned, "Why is the only question that I have? Did you never love me for a moment? Even if you disagree, I will not believe it as I know you love me even now. Why are you ready to marry Ishaan? I know you are bound by something, but you can share it." Arshi replied, still crying, "Rahul, I loved you, I love you and I will love you forever, no matter what. I need you more than you need me. I love you, Rahul and you will be happy that I left you and married Ishaan. You will thank me later. Forget me, Rahul. It will be better for you." Rahul screamed, "Are you crazy, Arshi. I love you and I am never going to be happy without you. You know what I mean. You love me but you are marrying someone else, why? Are you okay?" Arshi diverted his attention by asking, "How is ma? Have you informed her that I am getting married?" Rahul answered, "No, I haven't as I am sure that you will not. But it seems as if I have to inform her, this bad news. I shall inform her as soon as I myself believe in it." His words were extremely powerful and Arshi simply said, " I will talk to you later. Bye, Rahul. I love you." and hung up. Arshi was now determined to do something to save their love and his career too. She was waiting to hear Esha's solution. 

______________

Rahul was speechless after their call was over. He knew she was emotionally disturbed and wanted to help her but he was unaware of the problem itself. Rahul thought that the last words that Arshi spoke, I love You, was so very powerful. He would have heard that a hundred times from Arshi but the power and emotion that he felt that day was something incomprehensible. He hoped for one thing that is their happiness together.