The Execution

Rubio, myself, and Percival stood shoulder to shoulder in the ocean of people. We wait to see Vortigern and my Arthur. To save him. People were lightly talking, but the crowd was buzzing with excitement.

I repeated to myself, "This will work."

"Don't you worry, you will see him soon. We won't let anything happen to him." Percy told me. 

"You just need to rial up the horses. The Mage will handle the rest." Rubio tries to comfort me.

The BlackLegs began to silence everyone as they prepare for the king's entrance. I saw in between a window of shoulders, Vortigern and his two henchmen. Mercia and Mischief John.

Mercia yelled to the crowd, "Hail, King Vortigern!"

The soldiers yelled back, "King Vortigern!" As they than he saluted. Then the crowned man held his hand high and watched as his subjects knelt.

All I heard after that was "King Vortigern! King Vortigern! King Vortigern! King Vortigern! King Vortigern! King Vortigern! King Vortigern!" Before the cruel man sat on his throne and silenced the shouts.

Mercia began speaking again, "Behold, your Born King." I saw Arthur, tied up. I moved my hand over my mouth. "Behold the man who pulled sword from stone. You wanted a prophecy. This is your prophecy. Now tell us, king.

"What do you have to say? Here are your people. If you're the king declare yourself." I watched Arthur look absolutely defeated. "If you are lost for words, then let the sword speak for you. Take it! And show the people the power of Excalibur!"

"Scar, you don't want to see this. So don't look." I heard Rubio say into my ear. I put myself behind Percy and Rubio, holding onto the backs of their arms.

I suddenly felt dizzy as I felt my sister using her power. I heard the squawk of my sisters eagle flying to where Arthur was and above our heads. I tapped into my power as my only thoughts were about saving Arthur.

I made the horses neigh and become uneasy. Scaring the people in front of the horses to make them move back. I felt Rubio and Percy start walking, so I let my sister take over the horses. I pulled my hood over my head and walked behind them. Suddenly the dogs began barking and became uncontrollable.

Percy and Rubio ran to the stage once the soldiers pulled the king inside. Percy untied Arthur, while Rubio grabbed the sword. I scoped out a path for the others.

"Come on!"

"Move! Move!"

"Get the sword!" 

Rubio was behind me, then Arthur and Percy followed as I lead them. We jumped from ledge to ledge until we hit the ground. Then began running up ramps, while the anchors shoot anyone who got through.

I reached my sister first and tapped her on the shoulder, Percy was soon beheld me as the three of us jumped off the cliff into the water. We reached the shore fast and I quickly ran behind my horse to put on my green cloak as I dropped the one I borrowed. I looked over the horse to see Arthur safe and sound. Arguing with the others, but safe.

Merlin's instructions were clear, Arthur was not supposed to know I was there yet. Though I felt Arthur would trust them more, if he knew I did. However, I followed my mentors plans.

I lead the pack of us again, while Rubio lead Arthurs horse.

I waited to hear Arthur's voice, knowing he could not stand not being in control. "Someone gonna tell me where we're going?"

My sister answered, "No."

I heard him sigh before shuffling. Silence again before, "So what is it you're looking at, then? Are you falling for me like I'm falling for you?"

I could not help myself after hearing him say that to my sister, "Do you use that on all the girls you meet?"

I felt his stare on my back, right before he fell off his horse. Curtsy of my sister. He falls into the sand, rightly so. I stopped my horse and watched their interaction.

"Put him back on his horse." My sister said before catching up to me, "This is the Arthur, you've been raving about."

"He is just being defensive right now. I promise you he is kind." I reassured her before getting off my horse to help Percy.

I walked to him, the wind on the lake making my hood fly off. Percy got him up when he looked at me. "Scarlett?"

"Hi, handsome." I smiled before giving him a peck on the cheek. I do not know how, but Percy did not need my help at all. He got Arthur on his horse all by himself. Percy walked back to his horse, while I talked to Arthur.

"Listen, we have a ways to go so, are you going to be good and quiet? Or a pain?" I rested my hand on his knee, then placed my chin on it.

"Darling. Do you know me at all?" He smiled down at me.

I take my hands off him and walk back to my own horse. "I was afraid you were gonna say that."