Snakes

The chains around my wrists were irritated my skin. I sat in Vortigern's throne room all day, while he cut and bruised and beat me. But I would do it again and again for the people I love.

Every time Vortigern threatens to bring Blue up here and hurt him in front of me, I give into what he craves. To have power over me. Over everyone. I know that is the only way to save Blue any more pain. If I have to pay that price, so be it.

Currently, Vortigern sat on his throne, twirling the sword around, waiting for Arthur.

I almost wished he didn't come. That's what will truly break me, if Vortigern kills Arthur in front of me. I will lose it completely. But the doors of the throne room open to Arthur, chained. I hope my sister convinced Arthur to let the snakes do their job. I know he hates them.

Just before I can catch his eye, I feel a snake around. I look up and see the snake slithering down to us. It looks at me and nods its head. At that, I look to Arthur, who stares at the king.

"That's far enough. Put him on his knees." Arthur resists, "Put him on his knees!"

Arthur does, just as the snakes stares down at Vortigern

Arthur does, just as the snakes stares down at Vortigern. The snake straights its neck, only to be chopped off. The sword, falls with the snakes head, near my feet. I quickly reach my hands to the sword and put both my hands on it, I feel all the power return to me. As Merlin said it would, I let go of the sword, still full of power. And I tap into the Darklands snake.

I crash the snake's body through the throne room doors, destroying the structures of it. Arthur and I can rebuild it.

I show my fangs to Mischief John and devour him. I keep circling around until all the BlackLegs are gone. Eating everyone I see. I see Arthur is the only one left. I tap out of the snake's mind and watch as it hisses at Arthur, but leaves him.

I pick up the sword again and cut Arthur's restraints

I pick up the sword again and cut Arthur's restraints. While he cuts the chains off. He picks me up, caressing my right cheek, "You are never to leave my side again. Do you understand me?"

I smiled up at him, "Yes, Arthur." He kisses me hard and quickly, then pulls away. "Now, let's go kill the king." I tug at his arm, leaving the room that kept me prisoner.

Arthur drags the sword, which makes little sparks. We reach the courtyard, full of BlackLegs. Along the way, I found a bow and arrows, so I get ready for a fight. Arthur took care of the two guards at the top and I watched his back through all the fighting. Not that he needed it.

The sword was now controlled by him, he weaved his way through anyone and everyone who fought against him. At the end of all the fighting and yelling, Arthur was merciful. He didn't attack those who didn't attack him.

So, when the BlackLegs lay down their weapons, he let them go. And they let him go.

Arthur looked at the entrance of the tower, "What are we waiting for?" I ask

"I need you to find Blue, I need you to be with him." He said, holding my hand.

"No, I'm not leaving you. We fight him together, we die together. You and me." I stand my ground, no way was he leaving me.

"You stay by my side." He says.

I nod. "Til death do us part."